Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SAM for Focal Electra 1037 BE?
Hello all,

I am considering buying the 220 pro. Does anyone know whether the SAM for Focal Electra 1038 BE is compatible with the Focal Electra 1037 BE (mt current speaker).
Does anyone perhaps have experience with this speaker and the Devialet Pro series?

Thanks for your reactions!

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk
There is no SAM for your speakers. Doubt that SAM is necessary for best results.

Gesendet von iPad mit Tapatalk
My advice is not to use SAM as a decision criterion for the purchase of the amplifier.
The results obtained with SAM are contradictory: some users like it, and others don't.
Thx for your reactions. It is not a main decision criteria. However I would still like to know if someone knows whether it is possible to use SAM 1038BE for 1037BE as those speakers are probably very simalar.
(30-Jun-2023, 06:06)tonkmen Wrote: Thx for your reactions. It is not a main decision criteria. However I would still like to know if someone knows whether it is possible to use SAM 1038BE for 1037BE as those speakers are probably very simalar.

No, you cannot use the SAM profile from one speaker model for another speaker model (even if the two speaker models are similar).
(30-Jun-2023, 07:59)daniel.avasilichioaei Wrote:
(30-Jun-2023, 06:06)tonkmen Wrote: Thx for your reactions. It is not a main decision criteria. However I would still like to know if someone knows whether it is possible to use SAM 1038BE for 1037BE as those speakers are probably very simalar.

No, you cannot use the SAM profile from one speaker model for another speaker model (even if the two speaker models are similar).

There have been people who damaged their speakers by using the wrong SAM profile. I don’t think it’ll happen in this case because the speakers are similar, but what should be clear is that there definitely is nothing to gain by using the wrong SAM profile.
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
Similar is not good enough. Don't do it.
Devialet Expert 440 Pro | Dynaudio Confidence 50 | 2x SVS SB16-Ultra
Anthem MRX 720 | Dynaudio Excite X28 | Dynaudio Emit M20
LG OLED 77 CX | LG OLED 65 C7

Thank you all!

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk