Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SAM impact
Dear all,

Has anyone removed their subwoofer after having SAM'ed their speakers?

Louis
(07-Oct-2014, 16:57)Lavi Wrote: Dear all,

Has anyone removed their subwoofer after having SAM'ed their speakers?

Louis

I purchased the Atohm GT1s and have them paired with the Dev200. I had thought of buying a complementary subwoofer manufactured by Atohm. Glad I didn't, as the knock-on impact of SAM on the GT1s is fabulous. Maybe not so much for others but spot on for me.
Devialet Expert 220 Pro Kinki EX-M7 power amp tethered to a fiber-fed Lumin X1 streamer via Grimm XLRs, Vivid B1 Decade speakers in Rosso Barchetta red (only 200 produced in a limited edition), Roon Nucleus with a Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SSD, etherREGEN switch fed by a Sonore opticalModule (and Sonore-supplied transceivers and 1M optical cable) with a SOtM dCBL-Cat7 cable to my Nucleus and a DH Labs Reunion Cat8 to my Lumin T2 streamer, Keces P8 linear power supply feeding a (to come) NUC and EtherREGEN switch with an external AfterDark OCXO clock., and opticalModule (5V/1A), AudioQuest Niagara 1000 power conditioner, ASI LiveLine loom (purchased directly from Franck Tchang when I lived in France), Less Loss Firewall for Speakers and Roon lifetime license with Tidal streaming.
Have to agree with Flashman - I picked up a pair of Atohm GT1's at the weekend and whilst I was out someone must have hidden a sub in my room.

Quite stunning,

Rik
Devialet Ensemble

Hampshire, UK
(08-Oct-2014, 09:10)rik Wrote: Have to agree with Flashman - I picked up a pair of Atohm GT1's at the weekend and whilst I was out someone must have hidden a sub in my room.

Quite stunning,

Rik

Rik, pleasure to meet a fellow GT1 user. Never heard of Atohm before I moved to France. Quite a revelation, these bookshelf speakers! Amazing bass with SAM.
Devialet Expert 220 Pro Kinki EX-M7 power amp tethered to a fiber-fed Lumin X1 streamer via Grimm XLRs, Vivid B1 Decade speakers in Rosso Barchetta red (only 200 produced in a limited edition), Roon Nucleus with a Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SSD, etherREGEN switch fed by a Sonore opticalModule (and Sonore-supplied transceivers and 1M optical cable) with a SOtM dCBL-Cat7 cable to my Nucleus and a DH Labs Reunion Cat8 to my Lumin T2 streamer, Keces P8 linear power supply feeding a (to come) NUC and EtherREGEN switch with an external AfterDark OCXO clock., and opticalModule (5V/1A), AudioQuest Niagara 1000 power conditioner, ASI LiveLine loom (purchased directly from Franck Tchang when I lived in France), Less Loss Firewall for Speakers and Roon lifetime license with Tidal streaming.
(08-Oct-2014, 09:10)rik Wrote: Have to agree with Flashman - I picked up a pair of Atohm GT1's at the weekend and whilst I was out someone must have hidden a sub in my room.

Quite stunning,

Rik

Fantastic! I keep hearing good things about these speakers.

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
(08-Oct-2014, 09:39)GuillaumeB Wrote:

Quite stunning,

Rik

Fantastic! I keep hearing good things about these speakers.

Guillaume

I just bought a pair of Atohm GT1s to go with my Devialet 120. Amazing sound with SAM. Now I need to find some speaker cables which fit this system.
L'ensemble sounds great with Tellurium Q Silver cable. 2 x 3 meter for 770 Euros. Make sure and test it by yourself.

Sent by iPad
SAM does miracle with my BW 683 S2, which go below 20 Hz ! I didn't believe it was possible, but actually it is. Of course I won't get very high SPL at the frequency, but well enough for my listening level...
Do you have a room large enough to generate a 20Hz wave?
Sorry, I meant 30 Hz. They produce bass down to 28 Hz, below that the woofer moves significantly, but no sound is produced... I doubt there would be enough power to shake the walls, though. But the effect on actual music is quite impressive, though. I presume SAM compensates the -6dB @ 30 Hz that the 683 S2 frequency response has.