Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Should I upgrade to Dos 1.8.1, Spark 1.6.3, Dialog 1.8.1.54, Phantom 1.8.1.54?
My pair of Phantoms have been running just fine since the update in July which is 1 generation prior to this current update.   I've been on an extended trip and now I see that Spark wants to update everything in my system. 

Any reason to not do the update?  It is working just fine right now.  Solid. Stable. Wireless.

Thanks!
(02-Nov-2016, 03:52)MountainGuy Wrote: My pair of Phantoms have been running just fine since the update in July which is 1 generation prior to this current update.   I've been on an extended trip and now I see that Spark wants to update everything in my system. 

Any reason to not do the update?  It is working just fine right now.  Solid. Stable. Wireless.

Thanks!

Just update, everything is better
It seems everyone has different experiences with updates, my pair of silvers were running fine with not a single issue before the July update, following the update I have constant dropouts of one or both phantoms for around a second at a time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks. Updated. I did not have a choice as when I tried to add a second pair, I could not get past the screen until I first updated. No problems updating and all four are rock solid stable via wireless. Tested also bluetooth - also stable.

I do live in an environment where there is very little wireless interference beyond our own home equipment.
I finally upgraded to the latest after fixing the "download failed" problem.   

No problem with the update. Occasional dropouts happen but that problem was there before the update.  Dropouts could be due to noise coming from the power lines since it is most common during early evening hours.
Remote >> 2x Silver Phantoms << Eth << Dialog UPNP << JRiver MediaCenter 24 - Ubuntu 18.04 x64 [VMWare] << File server - Windows 10 x64 [Supermicro X11SSH-LN4F, Xeon E3-1425 v5, 46 Tb, 16Gb DDR4 ECC]    * Spark is only used to update firmware *
Fixed the crackle for me on dialogue optical input

Replaced by occasional drop out as others have mentioned - can't remember if on optical or just streaming tidal etc from Spark