Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sleep mode does not work - Apple TV interferes with the remote control receiver
Hello,

it was a long search to find out why my Expert 220 does not go into sleep mode anymore.

It is the Apple TV since tvOS 15! (tvOS 16 just the same)
Since this software version, the Apple TV seems to do a constant search for neighboring Bluetooth devices. This triggers the remote control receiver of the Devialet.

This leads to the fact that the Devialet no longer goes completely into sleep mode. It is triggered again and again by the Apple TV before it can do that. By feel, the Apple TV triggers differently between 5 to 30 minutes.

Error occurs in standard Expert configuration and when no devices are connected. Problem is no longer present as soon as Apple TV from the power.

Found out: When the Devialet is unplugged, the effect only occurs when the Devialet remote is used for the first time after plugging it in. Only then the remote control receiver in the Devialet is activated.

Unfortunately, I have not found any way to turn off Bluetooth in the Apple TV.

So it looks like. Someone has an idea?
(Could of course throw the Apple TV out of the window).

Greetings
In configurator, the parameter "Remote count" is set to "1"?
(14-Sep-2022, 13:52)daniel.avasilichioaei Wrote: In configurator, the parameter "Remote count" is set to "1"?

Yes.
Wow - great detective work!  It's a happy coincidence for me, because I've noticed recently that my 1000 Pro is no longer going to sleep automatically after the configured period with no input, and I was gearing myself up to post about it here.  Since I've just installed an Apple TV it is quite likely that you've found the cause of my problem.  I'll check by powering off the ATV to be sure.
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK
A quick follow-up: after powering down the Apple TV, my Expert goes into sleep/standby automatically after the configured period, so the ATV is definitely the culprit. Thanks for tracking this down, @noprohifi.
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK
(19-Sep-2022, 18:05)thumb5 Wrote: A quick follow-up: after powering down the Apple TV, my Expert goes into sleep/standby automatically after the configured period, so the ATV is definitely the culprit.  Thanks for tracking this down, @noprohifi.

Thanks also for your confirmation of the problem.

Best regards
Hello,

new finding:
It only affects the latest version of the Apple TV "Apple TV 4K 2021".

I got the previous version "Apple TV 4K 2017".
With it, the problem no longer occurs. My Expert now goes back to sleep mode.

I suspect it is due to the "thread support" of the new ATV 2021. This network system probably works with similar wireless protocol as the Devialet Remote. (Wiki: IEEE 802.15.4, zigbee)

Many greetings
Very interesting, and l was thinking in the opposite, negative direction 😬! First sign of problems with the hardware, no more updates and guarantee now over, etc…….. Good to know that it’s nothing „serious“ and only the Apple TV 4K causing this issue. And yes, l too am affected by this problem and now just manually put my system into sleep mode. I can’t for the life of me see this problem been fixed though .
On the positive side l still love my Devialets, the sound is bliss and together with Audirvana software and a Qobuz subscription I’m in musical heaven ️.
Pro 440, B&W 804D, HMS In Concerto Speaker cables, Audioquest Jitterbug & Cinnamon USB, 2018 Mac Mini with 8Gb RAM, Furutech G320 Power cable, Audirvana Studio, 4 x 2TB SSD External Drives
I'm also having issues with my 440 Pro. Switched off with the remote, the amp comes to live randomly after some time. Mostly shortly after being switched off, but also in the middle of the night or the next day. If i switch off with the iPhone/iPad-app, and give a long push on the front button, it stays off remarkably.
I also had a few shutdowns. So the amp switches off in the middle of a listening session.

After reading the above, i asked my downstairs neighbor, he moved in around the time the issues started. Guess what, he has an Apple TV box.

I have tried a 250 Pro of my HiFi-shop. That also switched on.

The past month i've had a lot of email-contact with the Devialet Customer service.

Still sounding great however.
Devialet 440pro Core Infinity - Auralic Vega G2 - B&W 803 D4
This is interesting. I have had the same problem lately, after I got an apple TV box in the house. The Apple TV is located directly below, on the floor below the room where I have my Devialet Expert 220. What now happens is that if I put the amplifier in sleep mode by ba short press on the remote control (or using the app), the amplifier stays in standby mode as it should. If I turn it off with a long press on the remote control, the amplifier turns on again after a few minutes. If I turn it off with the front button on the amplifier, it remains switched off. This happens even if the Apple TV is not in use (switched off), but connected to power. Haven't tried unplugging the Apple TV yet, to see what happens then. Another thing, which I haven't noticed before, to turn off the amp with the front button I have to do a long press. By pressing it briefly, I just change the source. Maybe it's normal and I just haven't tried it before?
Devialet Expert 220 Pro CI, Bryston BCD-3 , Roon, Technics SL 1500C, PMC Twenty5.24. Isotek, Pro-Ject Pre Box S2 Digital, Beyerdynamic DT 1770 Pro