Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Some sign of Expert line
(03-Apr-2023, 06:12)daniel.avasilichioaei Wrote: @ssfas

The configurator has limitations that are not technically motivated, for example the combination of different types of amplifiers. Simply, the configurator does not cover these situations, although the hardware allows this. I have two 140 PRO and two 220 PRO and I cannot connect all four in a chain using the configurator. However, I was able to connect them in a chain using a workaround.

Could you tell how you did this? I have 100pro but I'm triamping so I'm thinking if buy third 250 pro or could I use smaller power Devialet.
(04-Apr-2023, 14:30)Waiski Wrote:
(03-Apr-2023, 06:12)daniel.avasilichioaei Wrote: @ssfas

The configurator has limitations that are not technically motivated, for example the combination of different types of amplifiers. Simply, the configurator does not cover these situations, although the hardware allows this. I have two 140 PRO and two 220 PRO and I cannot connect all four in a chain using the configurator. However, I was able to connect them in a chain using a workaround.

Could you tell how you did this? I have 100pro but I'm triamping so I'm thinking if buy third 250 pro or could I use smaller power Devialet.

You can find the information in the post below. Possibly read the following ones from the respective thread.
https://devialetchat.com/Thread-Stereone...#pid106360
(03-Apr-2023, 23:49)David A Wrote: @ssfas

I suspect you haven't had a problem with RAAT is that, at least until the most recent software update, you were not streaming high res files at resolutions higher than 96/24 over RAAT using an ethernet connection. If you had been streaming 192/24 files over an ethernet connection with RAAT then you would have had problems. I think everyone who was doing that had problems and both Roon and Devialet acknowledged the problem. Devialet acknowledged the cause of the problem lay in their firmware and took years to issue the last firmware update which seems to have largely solved the problem though some reported still having issues with RAAT with that latest firmware release.

That latest release also included the Sweet Room room correction feature and people using that together with a SAM profile are unable to get the full benefit of Sweet Room. That's a new problem introduced in that last firmware release over 2 years ago. There are other unfixed bugs from even earlier software releases which have been acknowledged by Devialet and are causing problems for some people.

Depending on how you use your Devialet you may well have had no problems but that does not mean that there are no problems with the existing software. Try doing something else that you can currently do with your Devialet and you may very well find that you run into problems due to faults in the software which have existed in the software for years and which Devialet has acknowledged but failed to fix.

You've just been very lucky that with what you're doing with your Devialet has avoided problems which Devialet has acknowledged and which have continued to exist for years because Devialet has not wanted to spend the time and effort to fix them.

I've been streaming 24/192 files for years with no problems. I didn't know there was an issue with them. I do so wirelessly with Roon and wired via usb.

Never tried Sweet Room. Use SAM.
250 Pro CI; Innuos Zen Mk3; Claro dual turntable (Expert Stylus Denon + OL Aladdin Mk2); RCM Sensor2; Wilson Sabrina; OePhi speaker cables; Puritan PM156 conditioner and Ultimate cables.
@ssfas

The reason you've been streaming 24/192 files for years using Roon with no problems is contained in your response: you're streaming via wifi. The problem only affects those who stream from Roon using RAAT, ie using their Devialet as a Roon Ready end point, over ethernet. The problem does not occur if you use wifi but wifi has limitations in bandwidth and the distance over which it can be used which ethernet does not which is why some users choose ethernet over wifi.

The problem does not occur with other digital inputs including USB. Those inputs are not streaming inputs. There are only 2 streaming inputs, ethernet and wifi. The other digital inputs carry a PCM or DSD audio signal which is delivered to the Expert Pro in "real time" and simply passes it to the amp's DAC without the need for any processing. The streaming inputs do not receive an audio signal, they receive a data stream in a packet format. Each packet contains a discrete part of the audio signal and the Expert Pro has to extract the small segment of the audio signal contained in each packet from the packet and then assemble those segments into a continuous PCM or DSD signal which can be sent to the DAC. Streaming is a very different way of passing an audio signal from a source to the DAC than is used with the other inputs. I would add that the Expert Pro's wifi input can receive both streamed inputs and native PCM/DSD audio signal inputs depending on whether you pass the signal to the Expert Pro using the Roon Ready or Devialet AIR output options in Roon (streaming outputs from Roon) or USB or one of the other outputs available in Roon such as AirPlay.

The Roon problem only occurs if you stream from Roon over ethernet using the Roon Ready option in Roon's audio output options. Devialet acknowledged that the problem was a fault in their firmware some months after the issue was first notified and released a partial fix 2 years later but some users have still reported issues after installing that firmware.

Similarly there are no issues if you use Sweet Room but don't use SAM or if you use SAM but do not use Sweet Room. Use both together and SAM still works fine but Sweet Room does not work properly. I'll add that Sweet Room and SAM do different things. SAM corrects for phase errors in the loudspeaker's frequency response in the region below 150 Hz while Sweet Room corrects frequency response changes over the whole audible range caused by the acoustical behaviour of the room. They are not different ways to correct the same thing. There has been no firmware update since the update which included the Sweet Room feature over 2 years ago.

As I said earlier, the fact that you have not had any problems does not mean that problems do not exist. Problems exist if you use your Devialet as a Roon Ready input with an ethernet connection, and if you use SAM and Sweet Room together. Those problems are caused by problems in Devialet's firmware which Devialet has been aware of since they released the firmware updates which made the Expert Pro a Roon Ready device in 2018 and since they introduced Sweet Room in 2020 and, despite the fact that both issues have existed for years since the respective firmware updates which introduced those features, the Roon Ready issue has apparently not yet been completely fixed and no fix has been issued for the Sweet Room/SAM issue.

You have not had any problems simply because you are not using your Expert Pro as a Roon Ready endpoint over an ethernet connection and you are not using Sweet Room in conjunction with SAM.

I'm happy that you have not had any problems but that does not mean that others who are using features of their Expert Pros which you do not use are not experiencing problems. Those users should be getting the same problem free experience as you do but they are not getting that because of faults in Devialet's firmware which Devialet has acknowledged but failed to fix.
Roon Nucleus+, Devilalet Expert 140 Pro CI, Focal Sopra 2, PS Audio P12, Keces P8 LPS, Uptone Audio EtherREGEN with optical fibre link to my router, Shunyata Alpha NR and Sigma NR power cables, Shunyata Sigma ethernet cables, Shunyata Alpha V2 speaker cables, Grand Prix Audio Monaco rack, RealTRAPS acoustic treatment.

Brisbane, Qld, Australia
I have never had any problems with D1000 Pro, ROON RAAT over ethernet. Not 24/192 or any other bitrate.
(13-Apr-2023, 05:48)Waiski Wrote: I have never had any problems with D1000 Pro, ROON RAAT over ethernet. Not 24/192 or any other bitrate.

Here's a link to a long thread (over 300 posts) here about the problem starting in February 2019 when the update which made the Expert Pro range Roon Ready through to March 2022. Some posts include links to posts on Roon's forums about the problem. Things settled down a lot after the last FW update in late 2020 but some people were still reporting the same or a similar problem after that last FW release.

https://devialetchat.com/Thread-Roon-RAA...T+ethernet

Not everyone reported the problem but, as the thread makes clear, there were definitely problems using RAAT with an ethernet connection, especially with high res files but sometimes with standard res files. Both Roon and Devialet investigated and Roon reported that the problem was not a Roon problem and Devialet eventually, after several months, acknowledged that there was a problem with their software. Some people reported the problem more than others and for a long time Devialet's standard advice was to use AIR rather than RAAT or to use RAAT only with a wifi connection to stream from Roon.

I experienced the problem when streaming 192.24 files but not when streaming 176.4/24 files. I haven't noticed the problem myself since the late 2020 FW update but, as I said, some people were still reporting issues after that update.

For a time this was one of the threads on this site which seemed to be getting more posts than any other thread.
Roon Nucleus+, Devilalet Expert 140 Pro CI, Focal Sopra 2, PS Audio P12, Keces P8 LPS, Uptone Audio EtherREGEN with optical fibre link to my router, Shunyata Alpha NR and Sigma NR power cables, Shunyata Sigma ethernet cables, Shunyata Alpha V2 speaker cables, Grand Prix Audio Monaco rack, RealTRAPS acoustic treatment.

Brisbane, Qld, Australia
Yes, I know. Some people did have problems and some might still have problems. How big % do have problems I don't know.
(13-Apr-2023, 05:48)Waiski Wrote: I have never had any problems with D1000 Pro, ROON RAAT over ethernet. Not 24/192 or any other bitrate.

Same here. Since the last firmware update my 440 pro has worked perfectly with Roon RAAT over Ethernet at all bitrates up to and including 24/192.
Roon Rock, Devialet 220 pro CI, Palmer 2.5 Turntable, AT OC9MLii, Classic Audio MC Pro Phono and Harbeth SHL5 Plus
(12-Apr-2023, 21:25)David A Wrote: @ssfas

The reason you've been streaming 24/192 files for years using Roon with no problems is contained in your response: you're streaming via wifi. The problem only affects those who stream from Roon using RAAT, ie using their Devialet as a Roon Ready end point, over ethernet. The problem does not occur if you use wifi but wifi has limitations in bandwidth and the distance over which it can be used which ethernet does not which is why some users choose ethernet over wifi.

The problem does not occur with other digital inputs including USB. Those inputs are not streaming inputs. There are only 2 streaming inputs, ethernet and wifi. The other digital inputs carry a PCM or DSD audio signal which is delivered to the Expert Pro in "real time" and simply passes it to the amp's DAC without the need for any processing. The streaming inputs do not receive an audio signal, they receive a data stream in a packet format. Each packet contains a discrete part of the audio signal and the Expert Pro has to extract the small segment of the audio signal contained in each packet from the packet and then assemble those segments into a continuous PCM or DSD signal which can be sent to the DAC. Streaming is a very different way of passing an audio signal from a source to the DAC than is used with the other inputs. I would add that the Expert Pro's wifi input can receive both streamed inputs and native PCM/DSD audio signal inputs depending on whether you pass the signal to the Expert Pro using the Roon Ready or Devialet AIR output options in Roon (streaming outputs from Roon) or USB or one of the other outputs available in Roon such as AirPlay.

The Roon problem only occurs if you stream from Roon over ethernet using the Roon Ready option in Roon's audio output options. Devialet acknowledged that the problem was a fault in their firmware some months after the issue was first notified and released a partial fix 2 years later but some users have still reported issues after installing that firmware.

Similarly there are no issues if you use Sweet Room but don't use SAM or if you use SAM but do not use Sweet Room. Use both together and SAM still works fine but Sweet Room does not work properly. I'll add that Sweet Room and SAM do different things. SAM corrects for phase errors in the loudspeaker's frequency response in the region below 150 Hz while Sweet Room corrects frequency response changes over the whole audible range caused by the acoustical behaviour of the room. They are not different ways to correct the same thing. There has been no firmware update since the update which included the Sweet Room feature over 2 years ago.

As I said earlier, the fact that you have not had any problems does not mean that problems do not exist. Problems exist if you use your Devialet as a Roon Ready input with an ethernet connection, and if you use SAM and Sweet Room together. Those problems are caused by problems in Devialet's firmware which Devialet has been aware of since they released the firmware updates which made the Expert Pro a Roon Ready device in 2018 and since they introduced Sweet Room in 2020 and, despite the fact that both issues have existed for years since the respective firmware updates which introduced those features, the Roon Ready issue has apparently not yet been completely fixed and no fix has been issued for the Sweet Room/SAM issue.

You have not had any problems simply because you are not using your Expert Pro as a Roon Ready endpoint over an ethernet connection and you are not using Sweet Room in conjunction  with SAM.

I'm happy that you have not had any problems but that does not mean that others who are using features of their Expert Pros which you do not use are not experiencing problems. Those users should be getting the same problem free experience as you do but they are not getting that because of faults in Devialet's firmware which Devialet has acknowledged but failed to fix.

I have used my 250 Pro CI using Roon wired and wireless from both an Innuos and a QNAP, no problems.
250 Pro CI; Innuos Zen Mk3; Claro dual turntable (Expert Stylus Denon + OL Aladdin Mk2); RCM Sensor2; Wilson Sabrina; OePhi speaker cables; Puritan PM156 conditioner and Ultimate cables.
All quiet yet again!!! :-)