Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Spark 1.7.0 and DOS 1.9.0
(03-Dec-2016, 13:08)daibaron Wrote: Unless I'm mistaken if the update brings Airplay capability, this is something you find via iTunes on your desktop computer or Ipod.
Spark is not meant to be an Airplay player.

I'm a Silver owner BTW and no Airplayer server so far...
As it was said before, people at Devialet may have a huge ambition but POOR skills in making it simple for users.
Just a simple note would have made it clear... Apparantly no one was hired for this...
You have to enable it in Spark, just as you enable any other source. See screenshot in this post. 
http://devialetchat.com/showthread.php?t...0#pid54010
Living room: Kii Three/BXT with Control.
Den: Tannoy Precision 8 iDP with TS112 iDP subwoofer.
In the cupboard, waiting for a sibling: 1st gen. Phantom Silver running DOS1
My Phantom Voyage
(03-Dec-2016, 13:39)ragwo Wrote:
(03-Dec-2016, 13:08)daibaron Wrote: Unless I'm mistaken if the update brings Airplay capability, this is something you find via iTunes on your desktop computer or Ipod.
Spark is not meant to be an Airplay player.

I'm a Silver owner BTW and no Airplayer server so far...
As it was said before, people at Devialet may have a huge ambition but POOR skills in making it simple for users.
Just a simple note would have made it clear... Apparantly no one was hired for this...
You have to enable it in Spark, just as you enable any other source. See screenshot in this post. 
http://devialetchat.com/showthread.php?t...0#pid54010

TY i've already checked this post.
Airplay does not appear. i'm on PC not Apple and this issue may be different from a system to another.
Will wait 3 months for Devialet's next update... Sad
I also did a factory reset.
OK, I got news.

It seems there is indeed a new version of the Dialog.
This new version is airplay compatible (probably thanks to a new chip added to it).
It looks exactly the same than the previous version. No physical changes.

What hasn't been decided yet is:
  • if someone who bought the dialog just before the new release will get the newer version for free (exchange)
  • if someone (like me) who bought the dialog last December will get a chance to upgrade to the newer version for less than 299 euros

I'm waiting for feedback from Devialet's technical support about all of the above.

As a customer who bought a "flexible and upgradable" system (2 silver, 2 tree and 1 dialog) I would hope for an upgrade program (a bit like Bryston or Mark Levinson do - in other words, bring the old one, buy a new one for half the price). I can see the point of products evolving over time and therefore if new technology is implemented I'm happy to pay and benefit for it provided it remains reasonable (ie. I would not want to pay the same price than a new buyer).
I see your point, but have to disagree.

Devialet, of their own free will, made lots of promises to the early adopters. They should be honoured, free charge.
And, as if to prove my point, I get an email, right now, full of drivel:

immersive TV experience

There are gifts, and then there’s Phantom.

Imagine unwrapping not one, but two of them this year.
Never experienced multiple Phantoms before? That’s what the holidays are for.

Introducing Phantom Immersive Experience, a revolutionary dual-Phantom Plug & Play system that connects wirelessly to Apple TV to dramatically enhance your holiday entertainment. We’re talking game-changing, bone-shaking, ultra-festive sound.

Careful what you wish for.

I CAN TAKE IT
All December, for the purchase of any Gold Phantom or Silver Phantom duo, we’ll treat you to an Apple TV 32 Go and a new Airplay compatible Dialog.

Already rethinking your list? Thought so.

DOUBLE YOUR PLEASURE

So there is a new dialog, that is necessary for Airplay.

Some people have been lied to. By Devialet.
what a pile of *rap

if that's the case there will be lots of existing clients pissed off
I'd go further, I'd say it was crap! Merde, even. Wink
From what you write, it seems you expect that your dialog, bought maybe 12 month ago, should support airplay. When you bought it, did the product description include future airplay support?
Qobuz/Sonos/D200/GT1 SE (offered to my father, who enjoys it every day)
2 Phantom Reactor 600 and Spotify Premium
When it was introduced way back when, the promise was of full surround sound. And bulletproof wireless connection. And not heating the whole house through it.

Ah, those were the days...
I think Gold owners certainly have cause for complaint over this. The Golds were marketed as supporting Airplay, which was supposed to come in a software update, which apparently won't be happening.

If you now look at the Devialet website it lists the inputs supported by the golds:
[Image: devialet1.png]

Did you notice there seems to be a blank space for an extra input? Well take a look at the page's HTML:
[Image: devialet2.png]

Airplay was listed right after Spotify, but has been commented out so that it no longer shows on the page. Devialet marketed the golds as being Airplay capable and have now removed it from the website. Pretty poor in my opinion.