Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Spark limitations
HuhI've just noticed that when i put my playlist from iTunes with about 2500 songs into the Spark program it says 1000 tracks at the top. Is this a limit to what Spark can handle?
Seems a bit strange in this day and age of everything geared toward having all your music in one place if this is the case.  Huh
Synology DS215 NAS (2x WD RED 1Tb) > Virgin Superhub 3 > HP Pavilion X360 laptop > Phantom Reactor 600 > JRiver MC25 > JRemote > A&K AK70mkii DAP > Supra Cat8 Ethernet cable > Sony WH-1000XM4 > jar of cream v2
Ask Devialet email support and come back at us with the response.
I will love to know why it behave this way.
Yes, there is a limit of 1000 tracks right now. It´s due to memory according to Devialet Support.
Thanks for the info. I emailed Devialet support and got no answer. The same as when i asked for a code to give me 3 months Tidal subscription.
Synology DS215 NAS (2x WD RED 1Tb) > Virgin Superhub 3 > HP Pavilion X360 laptop > Phantom Reactor 600 > JRiver MC25 > JRemote > A&K AK70mkii DAP > Supra Cat8 Ethernet cable > Sony WH-1000XM4 > jar of cream v2
I thought that Sonos is problematic with 65000 songs, but 1000 songs in 2016?
Could you explain why anyone would need such a large playlist?

Is it so that you can randomly play your entire music collection?

Otherwise I don't see the point. 

This is a genuine question BTW, I have no idea why anyone would want to do this.
mac mini (2018, Latest MacOS, plain old iTunes) > no name USB cable or AIR3 over ethernet -> Devialet 200 -> Kimber 8TC -> KEF LS50
(16-Mar-2016, 12:52)canyelles Wrote: This is a genuine question BTW, I have no idea why anyone would want to do this.

Same here.
Maybe a little off-topic, but I believe for Sonos the maximum limit of 65,000 applies to the total number of tracks indexed by the players themselves. This is not unreasonable since the players have limited memory resources. I don't think playlists suffer from this limit (but I could well be wrong, as I don't generally use playlists).
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK
a sorry, litmit is for playlist? that is ok then, my mistake.
It was so i could play all my ALAC files in random mode. I have about 2500 and made a playlist.