Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Spotify - how to add 2nd pair and play music through both
I'm testing a 2nd pair of Phantoms in a 2nd room.

With Spotify, I can only select one pair to play in one of the rooms. 

Is there a way to get: 
1. The SAME music on both pairs. 
2. Control both volume independently? 

Thanks!
(02-Nov-2016, 19:22)MountainGuy Wrote: I'm testing a 2nd pair of Phantoms in a 2nd room.

Is there a way to get: 

Thanks!

Sure. Open Spark, go to Rooms, drag another set of speakers to room with Spotify
And then you can only use desktop Spark to make it work at different volumes!
I just added a 3rd gold in another room and apparently when i use the remote it resets the volume at the same level in both rooms.
I thought the remote of the living room would not have any impact on the volume level in my office...
Any suggestions ?
(03-Nov-2016, 19:42)Olivier4444 Wrote: I just added a 3rd gold in another room and apparently when i use the remote it resets the volume at the same level in both rooms.
I thought the remote of the living room would not have any impact on the volume level in my office...
Any suggestions ?

When you connect all Phantoms to a single source, changing the volume via the knob resets it's difference. You can only set different volumes via Spark.
(02-Nov-2016, 19:41)dmitrek Wrote:
(02-Nov-2016, 19:22)MountainGuy Wrote: I'm testing a 2nd pair of Phantoms in a 2nd room.

Is there a way to get: 

Thanks!

Sure. Open Spark, go to Rooms, drag another set of speakers to room with Spotify

Dmitrek,

Hmmm.....I'm normally technically adept but at this point, I am not understanding your instructions. 

1. Spark in which platform?  I have for Windows computer, and for Android phone. Both are latest update. 

2. In Android, I see 'rooms', but don't understand how to drag speakers to room with Spotify. 

3. In Windows computer, I don't even see the room selection. 

Thanks in advance for any help.
OK, I found out how to do it from the DESKTOP version of Spark, but not the Android version.  

Here's the link on Davialet's site: 

https://help.devialet.com/hc/en-us/artic...room-setup-

But here's are two new question: 

1. How do I control the volume of each room SEPARATELY including PAUSING in specific rooms while the other room continues to play? 

2. And can I combine sources for two rooms and control volume separately on my Android phone Spark? 

Thanks again for your help.
(05-Nov-2016, 18:10)MountainGuy Wrote: OK, I found out how to do it from the DESKTOP version of Spark, but not the Android version.

In the Android version select the ROOMS tab.
Then select, hold and drag the icon of the room that you wish to move into the room that you wish to join.
Similarly, to eject a room, select, hold and drag it to the EJECT bar that appears under that room.
Controling the volume in different rooms works only in the PC apps, not anymore in the mobile apps. It was removed after the Spark version 1.5. No clue why??! To mute one room use in the PC version the volume control and put it to zero. This is all Spark offers for now. Maybe Devialet will offer better support for Multiroom in the future, as this could generate revenue from happy users that want to expand their Phantom system.
Thanks everyone. Figured out what I needed. Can control volume separately on both PC and Android Spark.