Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Spotify on two rooms - can I control volume individually?
When I run Spotify in two zones/rooms on Phantoms, the rooms are merged.  Changing volume is universal on Android and Windows Spark. 

Is there a way to decouple the two's volume even though they play the same Spotify's stream?  This seem to be a pretty basic function. 

Thanks!
Same as with any source in Spark you can adjust the volume of merged rooms in the windows and OSX app individually, but not in the IOS or Android app. In the Spark PC app you find after you have pressed on the two arrows right of "playing in" the Rooms section. Now on the bottom right next to the night mode and mute sign there is a third sign that looks like an antenna. It is a modulation sign. By pressing on it the rooms receive individual volume controls (right top) where you can adjust the rooms individually.
This function has been removed in the portable apps after verion 1.4. It's a pity. Hopefully Devialet, once the multiroom function gets improved, quadrophony, 5.1, 7.1 etc. will bring back more options for owners of multiple Phantoms.
Streamy,

Tested. Perfect. THANK YOU. I will say that sometimes, Devialet does not make it easy or intuitive. But that's what makes this site so critical! Thanks!