Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stereo mode Dione and Phantoms
Can the Dione be stereo paired along with a set of phantoms? Not multiroom or mono mode, but basically left side of the Dione with left phantom, and same for the right side?
No maybe in the future with some updates
(09-May-2022, 15:25)mrmk111 Wrote: Can the Dione be stereo paired along with a set of phantoms? Not multiroom or mono mode, but basically left side of the Dione with left phantom, and same for the right side?

I play both my Dione and my Gold phantom pair (placed on each side) in stereo with Airplay 2 (with multiroom set up), streaming from Apple Music, Spotify or Qobuz. I find the phantoms sound better when adding in the Dione, especially voices seem more "there" and also I get a deeper center soundstage. But when the source is HDMI (TV or DVD player), you cannot pair the Dione with the Phantoms. If you plug an optical cable from the TV or DVD player to the phantoms you get a lagged audio from the phantoms, hence an annoying echo...It might be possible to connect both the Dione and the Phantoms to an optical cable into a TV or player source so you get no echo, but I have not tried it. You would have to get some sort of optical splitter device I guess.
2 phantom Gold
2 phantom Reactor
Dione soundbar
Spotify connect 
Apple music
Audirvana 3.5.44 for Mac