Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thank you's to everyone...
I had a bad night so I'm tending to other projects today. Someone tried to get the 20's off my honey... a seriously tweaked '014 S5 overnight and the alarm went off a little after 2am. Found all 5 of my right rear lug caps had disappeared before the alarm tripped. Lug nuts are still there and torqued to spec but all 5 protective caps from right rear wheel are MIA. They got away with them but everything else is intact. With five cars and a 3 car garage it was inevitable in an urban metroplex. So this morning I had to run to Audi for some wheel locks, install em and additional security lights with a couple more infra red zone sensors. It may happen again... nothing I can do about that but they'll be hard pressed to get anywhere near the car unnoticed next time and wheels won't be going anywhere even if they do.

But today I found people have lavished me with praise, kind words and compliments in my reputation here. Also I've received many kudos and compliments within the posts I've done here that may have gone unacknowledged at the time as I can get a little obsessive, put blinders on and become quite lost my projects. Apologies for that! I couldn't find a forum specific to acts of kindness here so I thought I'll do this at the Tweakers Corner forum from which I've netted this glowing praise. And to those who have been so kind and generous I want to say first, you're VERY welcome!! And Thank You...so very, very much for taking the time to tell me its appreciated! It's my pleasure to do these things and be able to share them with you and I'm so appreciative of your overwhelmingly favorable acknowledgements of my efforts. I'm humbled and privileged to have found such an enthusiastic forum and small kindred group to share this new Devialet adventure with. Thank you, Thank You, Thank You...

Now, starting again tomorrow bright-n-early, let's get 'er done!!
Statements in my posts are opinion only, not to be construed as fact. Any projects I engage in are at my own risk! Their outcome cannot be assured and may result in success, small/no change or catastrophic failure. I encourage no one rely on anything I say or do as gospel and to realize your mileage may vary!
Manoet,

So sorry to read some low life scum tried to steal your wheels. With little deterrent in our justice system, I imagine that's not the first time they've done it and probably won't be the last.

I do want to extend my thanks and appreciation of your efforts here in pursuit of better sound quality. Thanks for sharing the ideas, information and instruction towards discovering any latent potential to improve the sound quality of the Devialet machines, including the warranty killing chassis bead blast. I look forward to reading about your results.

This is a great forum of enthusiasts and people like you with your positive and sharing attitude make it a joy to participate in.

Thanks
Kenreau
Synology DS412+> Aurender S10> AQ Wel AES > Devialet 200> AQ Castle Rock Bi-Wired > Vandersteen 5As.
Really sorry about what happened. And yes, please keep the interesting posting and explanations of what you are doing. This is part of what makes this forum so interesting.
I know that I will personally never dare tearing apart my D120 and even less modify it like you do, but what your doing is fascinating and I'm really eager to read more of the outcome as well as the results temperature wise and SQ wise.

All the best,
Jean-Marie
MacBook Air M2 -> RAAT/Air -> WiFi -> PLC -> Ethernet -> Devialet 220pro with Core Infinity (upgraded from 120) -> AperturA Armonia
France
(04-Aug-2015, 08:06)Jean-Marie Wrote: Really sorry about what happened. And yes, please keep the interesting posting and explanations of what you are doing. This is part of what makes this forum so interesting.
I know that I will personally never dare tearing apart my D120 and even less modify it like you do, but what your doing is fascinating and I'm really eager to read more of the outcome as well as the results temperature wise and SQ wise.

All the best,
Jean-Marie

+1 letter by letter!

L

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
MBPro 2008 > Dev 120 > KEF LS50. Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina.