Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Townshend Seismic Bars
(18-Dec-2014, 19:44)f1eng Wrote:
(18-Dec-2014, 12:55)wikeeboy Wrote: Do the seismik bars only work on hard floors?

I have carpet over suspended wood floors, and would love to try these..

The Townshend products are the only truly isolating products I have seen on the hifi market (as an ex noise and vibration control engineer).
As long as the correct ones are chosen for the weight of the speaker it will be correctly isolated from the floor. Whether you like the effect of not having the floor vibrating much is another thing...
They won't have any effect on the room acoustics.

FWIW to isolate over the full audio bandwidth the static deflection of the product on the isolator is around an inch. Most deflect a tiny fraction of that so don't isolate at low frequencies at all.

f1eng, u lost me here Smile maybe i am slow! can you please elaborate a bit more

thanks
Aurender X100L / Transrotor Crescendo TT / Denon DCD1520 / Macbook Pro >> D400 >> Martin Logan Montis
amabrok's system - Latest update (May 2015, Page 11, Post #109)

Dubai, UAE
(18-Dec-2014, 19:44)f1eng Wrote: The Townshend products are the only truly isolating products I have seen on the hifi market (as an ex noise and vibration control engineer).
As long as the correct ones are chosen for the weight of the speaker it will be correctly isolated from the floor. Whether you like the effect of not having the floor vibrating much is another thing...

FWIW to isolate over the full audio bandwidth the static deflection of the product on the isolator is around an inch. Most deflect a tiny fraction of that so don't isolate at low frequencies at all.

The main effect I'm hearing is at the top end. I wonder if there was some interaction between the bass cabinet and the floor which was causing the ESL panel to resonate. No idea really.

Sonos Connect (W4S) > DSpeaker Antimode 2.0 > Sanders Magtech > Martin Logan Montis
Sonos Connect (W4S) > Devialet 200 > Vivid V1.5
Silver Phantoms (just the two)
London
(19-Dec-2014, 08:25)amabrok Wrote:
(18-Dec-2014, 19:44)f1eng Wrote:
(18-Dec-2014, 12:55)wikeeboy Wrote: Do the seismik bars only work on hard floors?

I have carpet over suspended wood floors, and would love to try these..

The Townshend products are the only truly isolating products I have seen on the hifi market (as an ex noise and vibration control engineer).

f1eng, u lost me here Smile maybe i am slow! can you please elaborate a bit more

thanks

Sorry, I am a bit at a loss to explain things any simpler, so please ignore!
Devialet Original d'Atelier 44 Core, Job Pre/225, Goldmund PH2, Goldmund Reference/T3f /Ortofon A90, Goldmund Mimesis 36+ & Chord Blu, iMac/Air, Lynx Theta, Tune Audio Anima, Goldmund Epilog 1&2, REL Studio. Dialog, Silver Phantoms, Branch stands, copper cables (mainly).
Oxfordshire