Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Upgrade details
(04-Jul-2016, 20:52)archer75 Wrote:
(04-Jul-2016, 19:22)Jp. Wrote:
(04-Jul-2016, 19:06)Dr Tone Wrote: I heard from my dealer that Devialet wanted the upgrade price to be the price difference between the current 15% off new price and the price of the new corresponding Pro model.  It's good if true.

That sounds about right. The upgrade price I've heard from my dealer is 8000 and the price for a new 1000Pro will be over 27k. The new 200 (don't know the exact name) will be in the 8k5 region and last but not least, the 1000Pro is in fact a L'Original d'Atelier, or at least will be after all L'Original d'Atelier's have a small (free) hardware upgrade.

If I follow it correctly, does this suggest that current Le200 (eur 7k) and Le200 pro (eur 8.5k) so the upgrade cost will be approx eur 2.5k (8.5k- 0.85x 7k)?

That's the math and the best case scenario.  I wouldn't hold my breath with regards to it being true.
Roon->HQPlayer->McIntosh C47->McIntosh MC301s>Transparent Super->Wilson Audio Sabrinas w/ Shunyata Denali, Rega RP8, Rega Apheta 2

(04-Jul-2016, 19:22)Jp. Wrote:
(04-Jul-2016, 19:06)Dr Tone Wrote: I heard from my dealer that Devialet wanted the upgrade price to be the price difference between the current 15% off new price and the price of the new corresponding Pro model.  It's good if true.

That sounds about right. The upgrade price I've heard from my dealer is 8000 and the price for a new 1000Pro will be over 27k. The new 200 (don't know the exact name) will be in the 8k5 region and last but not least, the 1000Pro is in fact a L'Original d'Atelier, or at least will be after all L'Original d'Atelier's have a small (free) hardware upgrade.

If I follow it correctly, does this suggest that current Le200 (eur 7k) and Le200 pro (eur 8.5k) so the upgrade cost will be approx eur 2.5k (8.5k- 0.85x 7k)?

Well that is a bit of dough...assume doubled for the monos....my dealer, here in Canada, was tight lipped but did say there was a tiered price as a function of date of purchase....if bought in 2016 pricing was better.  No mention of the cut-off date. It is just horsesh@t that we're in the dark about this...this is disrespectful of their customer base to tease out this process. I don't have 5K or better just hanging around for incidental purchases. Respectful forewarning is only a courtesy.
(04-Jul-2016, 21:00)Wdw Wrote:
(04-Jul-2016, 19:22)Jp. Wrote: That sounds about right. The upgrade price I've heard from my dealer is 8000 and the price for a new 1000Pro will be over 27k. The new 200 (don't know the exact name) will be in the 8k5 region and last but not least, the 1000Pro is in fact a L'Original d'Atelier, or at least will be after all L'Original d'Atelier's have a small (free) hardware upgrade.

Well that is a bit of dough...assume doubled for the monos....my dealer, here in Canada, was tight lipped but did say there was a tiered price as a function of date of purchase....if bought in 2016 pricing was better.  No mention of the cut-off date.

Tiered pricing is going to piss people off.  Early adopters bend over more.  Maybe it's payback for publicly bitching about Air the most/longest?
Roon->HQPlayer->McIntosh C47->McIntosh MC301s>Transparent Super->Wilson Audio Sabrinas w/ Shunyata Denali, Rega RP8, Rega Apheta 2

If they leave DAC part of story the same... this will be useless and I don't see any dac upgrades.... 24/192 !!!! DSD64 - Dop ????? No native DSD, no DSD 128, 256, no Dxd 384....In mid 2016 ?
The only good thing is that they removed that PEM! I also removed it for ZERO € by myself. I am very disappointed.

for my Vivid Audio K1 I don't need more than 200w in my normal sized dedicated listening room (30m2) . All this hype is sooooo very overrated ! If I will not see DAC capabilities upgraded in first itteration I will change to MicroMega M series as soon as possible or Gryphon Diablo.

Regards, Hrky
Trust me there are some reasonable improvements coming. Sounding not just good on paper but also in real life Smile
(04-Jul-2016, 22:37)markush Wrote: Trust me there are some reasonable improvements coming. Sounding not just good on paper but also in real life Smile

How do you know this?
Actually, to me the tiered pricing based on purchase date makes some sense. If you've had your amp for a year and a half rather than 6 months, then you (and I) have had more use of the product. Giving a break to those who just purchased an Expert is reasonable. If not, those buyers would be really penalized for having bought a unit that is very quickly replaced.

Of course, this is the case with computers and all sorts of things. Software companies often have this same approach to tiered upgrade pricing.

As I see it, Devialet could have said nothing about the upgrades and then we could go on about ROON or other incidentals; we might also spend time wondering if there will be hardware upgrades. I think they are not very solid in their sequence or timing of announcements and delivery, but I don't fault them for making the upgrades known.
Damon
Powernode, NAD M32, Cambridge CD transport, Analysis Plus, Nordost, iFi Nova, CSS Criton 1TDX, KEF C62
Vancouver, Canada
(04-Jul-2016, 22:28)hrky_zmaj Wrote: If they leave DAC part of story the same... this will be useless and I don't see any dac upgrades.... 24/192 !!!! DSD64 - Dop ????? No native DSD, no DSD 128, 256, no Dxd 384....In mid 2016 ?
for my Vivid Audio K1 I don't need more than 200w in my normal sized dedicated listening room (30m2) . All this hype is sooooo very overrated ! If I will not see DAC capabilities upgraded in first itteration I will change to MicroMega M series as soon as possible or Gryphon Diablo.

How can you be so disappointed with something that you, and the rest of us, know very little about? I don't need DSD or 256; your list of absolute must-have's is personal, not universal. And there isn't much hype that hasn't come from a long list of persons making proclamations and demands about what the upgrade 'has to have'. We know there is a new class A amp, a new class D amp, a new power supply and pretty serious power upgrades; not bad for a company that could easily have come out with new products and no upgrade option at all.

You don't need more power as you say, so you may well be disappointed with the features added with the upgrade or offered with the new series of amplifiers. Skip the upgrades or move on to something else. You can't complain about the food before you've even seen the menu.
Damon
Powernode, NAD M32, Cambridge CD transport, Analysis Plus, Nordost, iFi Nova, CSS Criton 1TDX, KEF C62
Vancouver, Canada
Those who upgraded their D-Premiers did that have to go throug a dealer och could the amps be sent directly to Devialet without a dealer and payment directly to Devialet?
Speakers:TAD CE-1. Amplifier: TAD M2500mk2. Digital: TAD DA1000-TX, Innuos Statement Next-gen, Innuos PhoenixNET.

Miscellaneous: Qobuz Studio, Ansuz Mainz 8 D2, Ansuz Darkz DTC, Tubulus Argentus ethernet cable, Tubulus Concentus USB cable, Tubulus Argentus V2 XLR cable, Tubulus Argentus V3 + V3 bass, iFi Nova powercables. 

Second system
Qobuz Studio -> Devialet Silver Phantom, Devialet Tree

(05-Jul-2016, 05:24)PLUoctaviars Wrote: Those who upgraded their D-Premiers did that have to go throug a dealer och could the amps be sent directly to Devialet without a dealer and payment directly to Devialet?

Both were possible