Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What a poor software support by Devialet - waiting for over a year for an update
As by subject
When I bought my Dione a year or two ago it would not pair to my Virgin controller for sound. That seemed to be finally resolved until today when the Virgin controller was having no success with the Dione. To be fair, it might just be Virgin’s fault as it appeared to have a few non Dione related hiccoughs today. In fact I’ll give the benefit of the doubt to Devialet.
Devialet 1000 Pro CI, Chord Signature Reference speaker cables, B&W 803 D3 speakers

Roon lifetime licence, Tidal.
I am curious on what particular feature or bug fix that you were expecting from Devialet? Devialet are slow with releasing new software features, which we all know. But, you can say the same thing of the many of the audio manufacturers.
Just have a look what people are complaining about in this chat. And nothing solved yet.
(12-Sep-2023, 15:22)hulster Wrote: Just have a look what people are complaining about in this chat. And nothing solved yet.
I do not own a Dione and thus do not follow what had transpired. A quick look at the posts do not suggest a crisis; otherwise  I would see lots of frequent posts.

You are clearly not happy with Devialet but chose not to explain why, nor how you have approached them.  Please note that I have had my issues with Devialet, but found that being patient and polite went a long way to getting things fixed.
(13-Sep-2023, 10:00)Snoopy8 Wrote:
(12-Sep-2023, 15:22)hulster Wrote: Just have a look what people are complaining about in this chat. And nothing solved yet.
I do not own a Dione and thus do not follow what had transpired. A quick look at the posts do not suggest a crisis; otherwise  I would see lots of frequent posts.

You are clearly not happy with Devialet but chose not to explain why, nor how you have approached them.  Please note that I have had my issues with Devialet, but found that being patient and polite went a long way to getting things fixed.

This statement makes me very curious, especially if you are talking about the Expert Pro range...
Can you give us an example of a bug reported by you in the last 3 years and which was fixed by Devialet in the configurator or in the firmware? In fact, I know that it is not applicable in the firmware, because there has been no update in the last 3 years. Maybe sometime more than 3 years ago, or maybe in the configurator?...
I reported to Devialet many bugs related to Expert Pro dual-mono mode and none were fixed.
(13-Sep-2023, 12:05)daniel.avasilichioaei Wrote: This statement makes me very curious, especially if you are talking about the Expert Pro range...
I am not going to defend Devialet for a lack of fixes.

But I hope we, as users, remember that there is a person at the end of line who will respond better if we talk in a civil manner rather than shout...
(09-Sep-2023, 23:22)Snoopy8 Wrote: I am curious on what particular feature or bug fix that you were expecting from Devialet? 

Just to remind the most important ones:

1. So called "standby-mode" consumes continously approx 20 W!!!! 24 hours, if you use it. Really? in this times we need to care of the environment!
    Even no auto-switch off after a certain time. And I measured it myself. So you need to switch off manually.

2. No CEC switch-on / switch-off? Even CEC Volume and Mute working? You have no remote control option to switch it on. (And yes I know the remote. Just a another useless piece laying around somewhere. Remote function should be able to be intergrated into your primary/single remote.

3. Quite often the Dione does not detect the sound format properly, when switch sources. Just using single input. In some cases it is enough to switch the input in the Dione app to something else and back, so i.e. to optical(with noting connected) and back to HDMI. In other cases you need to "reboot". So switch on and off.

4. Bass EQ - Already applied to the Phantoms. Why not for the Dione?

1,2,4 should be easy to fix. 3 may need a bit more, as more difficult to analyse.
It helps when you list the issues rather than just post a title. As I mentioned earlier, Devialet are slow with software releases. As an example, it took many years for an equaliser to appear on the Phantom despite many many requests here.

Note that there is no official Devialet presence and we are all users who try to help if we can.
(04-Oct-2023, 22:30)Snoopy8 Wrote: Note that there is no official Devialet presence and we are all users who try to help if we can.

I know - but I hope the read.

We are going go to help each other, but we are limited.

And it was my intention to use this rude title. Either for Devialet reading, or customers reading upfront to make them aware. And not about discussing any issue. All those are already mentioned in other threads here.

I still love my Dione, but the support is really messing me up.