Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What a poor software support by Devialet - waiting for over a year for an update
(12-Oct-2023, 17:55)hulster Wrote:
(04-Oct-2023, 22:30)Snoopy8 Wrote: Note that there is no official Devialet presence and we are all users who try to help if we can.

I know - but I hope the read.

We are going go to help each other, but we are limited.

And it was my intention to use this rude title. Either for Devialet reading, or customers reading upfront to make them aware. And not about discussing any issue. All those are already mentioned in other threads here.

I still love my Dione, but the support is really messing me up.

Hi everyone!

Totally agree with hustler. I'm using my Dione for more than a year now and I have to restart it every day for it to work.
Exactly as you described:

Quote:3. Quite often the Dione does not detect the sound format properly, when switch sources. Just using single input. In some cases it is enough to switch the input in the Dione app to something else and back, so i.e. to optical(with noting connected) and back to HDMI. In other cases you need to "reboot". So switch on and off.

Devialet support exchanged my Dione for a new one saying it was a hardware issue. After doing so and trying on 2 different TVs and with/without Apple TV they told me that the issue was known and a software update will solve the bug... That was in April...
Last month I reached out to them and they told me they have no ETA on the update...
So everyday I unplug the Dione in order for it to work.
It's really frustrating and disappointing as I was really looking forward to it when I bought it.