Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
When the OdA free upgrade program will Kick Off ????
I've just received an email from Devialet with some of the details that are now posted on their website, and shared by sven911 here

The email basically says that we are first in line for Core Infinity and a Devialet representative will be in touch to arrange a date for the upgrade. 

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
(17-Oct-2017, 18:24)GuillaumeB Wrote: I've just received an email from Devialet with some of the details that are now posted on their website, and shared by sven911 here

The email basically says that we are first in line for Core Infinity and a Devialet representative will be in touch to arrange a date for the upgrade. 

Guillaume

Hi Guillaume,

Glad to hear that you now have had email, and that Od’A owners are first in line - us lesser mortals will just have to wait a bit longer Tongue.

David
1. NUC6i5SYH running ROON ROCK > ROON/AIR > Ethernet > Devialet 1000pro Core Infinity> Wilson-Benesch ACT Speakers,
or, as alternative, 
2. Wyred4Sound MS-2 Server, Devialet 1000pro Core Infinity, Theta Jade CD Transport, Pure 702ES Tuner, Wilson-Benesch ACT Speakers, misc cables

UK
Nothing here yet. Seems like they're doing this completely random as per usual.
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
So it's now the 18th October and I think it's fair to say that we are none the wiser. Confused If anything all these images of the board have thrown up more questions than answers as witnessed by various posts on this forum.

At a minimum I would have expected a short white paper from Devialet - remember the ones that they issued at the last Munich event they attended that introduced RAM, MAT etc? - this would have covered the design principles and roadmap for future functionality. The latter is important in particular given the apparent paucity of functionality in the first iteration of the new Devialet OS (is that what it's called?). Many will be wondering what the Core Infinity means to them, for e.g. happy Roon/AIR users.

Furthermore I think everyone had understood the 17th October to be the date for the launch of the upgrade scheme. So what about the practical details (when, what, how)? How long will it take? Do we need to send back both units and the remote? Will there be boxes provided?

Guillaume

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
(18-Oct-2017, 10:06)GuillaumeB Wrote: So it's now the 18th October and I think it's fair to say that we are none the wiser. Confused If anything all these images of the board have thrown up more questions than answers as witnessed by various posts on this forum.

At a minimum I would have expected a short white paper from Devialet - remember the ones that they issued at the last Munich event they attended that introduced RAM, MAT etc? - this would have covered the design principles and roadmap for future functionality. The latter is important in particular given the apparent paucity of functionality in the first iteration of the new Devialet OS (is that what it's called?). Many will be wondering what the Core Infinity means to them, for e.g. happy Roon/AIR users.

Furthermore I think everyone had understood the 17th October to be the date for the launch of the upgrade scheme. So what about the practical details (when, what, how)? How long will it take? Do we need to send back both units and the remote? Will there be boxes provided?

Guillaume
Unfortunately it seems that we are like little mushrooms: kept in the dark and fed bullshit.
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England
My dealer updated that it’s been delayed to end Nov - week 2 of Dec.
Technics SL-1200G | Ortofon Cadenza Bronze | Audio Technica AT-ART9 | Hana ML
Nucleus+ | Melco N1ZS/2EX | D100 | S100 | Telegärtner M12 | Accustic Arts Drive II
Devialet Original d'Atelier | Vivid Audio G3 Giya
Gold Phantom Opéra de Paris
S  I  N  G  A  P  O  R  E
Happy to report that I have just heard from Devialet and they have sent me the UPS link for shipping. Boxes are on their way to me.  Cool

Guillaume

UK
(03-Nov-2017, 14:18)GuillaumeB Wrote: Happy to report that I have just heard from Devialet and they have sent me the UPS link for shipping. Boxes are on their way to me.  Cool

Guillaume

That was quick ..... Confused
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
At least they’ve got the ball rolling.  Smile
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England