Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who here has gone from d200 to 400?
Pleased I stumbled on this thread. I am also considering buying another D200 to move to a D400 as they are quite cheap and it seems a cost effective upgrade.

Is the configurator still buggy when using it as a dual mono....? I seem to recall a few issues when people moved to Dual Mono.

Is it ok to stack one D200 on top of the other? As I will more than likely have to do this because of space constraints

How is the original poster finding the D400? Would love to hear your thoughts.
Devialet 200 -- Roon Nucleus-- Sonus Faber Olympica 2 -- Tellurium Q Black Speaker Cables --
Chord Qutest -- Niimbus US5 Pro Headphone amp —HifiMan HEK, Abyss 1266TC
Newcastle upon Tyne, England
(15-Jan-2024, 10:31)Womaz Wrote: Pleased I stumbled on this thread. I am also considering buying another D200 to move to a D400 as they are quite cheap and it seems a cost effective upgrade.

Is the configurator still buggy when using it as a dual mono....? I seem to recall a few issues when people moved to Dual Mono.

Is it ok to stack one D200 on top of the other? As I will more than likely have to do this because of space constraints

How is the original poster finding the D400? Would love to hear your thoughts.

I have not received my second d200 yet. I just “won” the auction this past week and due to a holiday in the states he was not able to ship it until this week. As it turns out, I will be out of town a few days this week, so I ask him to hold shipping so that it does not arrive until I am back on the 22nd.

From what I read, that while it looks good to stack them, the general consensus is that you shouldn’t. I am planning to go side by side. I also have 1 wall hangar that I have never used. I may try and find a second one and hang them on the wall eventually.

Good luck on your quest for a second d200.

Regards,

Mike
I think the only way would be for me to stack them. I think it will be OK as seem to recall a few people who did that.
I am more concerned about the buggy configurator .......and the fact that I will be doing it without the help of a dealer
Devialet 200 -- Roon Nucleus-- Sonus Faber Olympica 2 -- Tellurium Q Black Speaker Cables --
Chord Qutest -- Niimbus US5 Pro Headphone amp —HifiMan HEK, Abyss 1266TC
Newcastle upon Tyne, England
For stacking (maybe posted, yet):

https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B00GSQ0...=UTF8&th=1

450 x 250 x 110 mm, satin

Works great for me.
(17-Jan-2024, 14:40)Ecki Wrote: For stacking (maybe posted, yet):

Works great for me.

Those are nice.
(17-Jan-2024, 14:40)Ecki Wrote: For stacking (maybe posted, yet):

Works great for me.

Personally, I would recommend to put both master and slave on the same base material. It all depends on the analytic power of the whole system. In my system, the material base which I put each D200 on makes a difference in the way the system sounds. After all, the left channel is connected to Master and right channel is connected to Slave, one would not want the left and right channel to sound different.

For material, for my personal taste I would put some wooden material, or material that sounds warmer (e.g. copper). Devialet has good analytic power and may sound a bit cold on some systems, it is how to put more warmth and expression into the vocals that matters to me more. Glass generally adds analytic power, but tends to make sound less warm.
Interesting. Never thought about how the material the unit sits on affected the sound.
My second 200 finally arrived. I’m glad I went dual mono. I’m so amazed and what you don’t hear. These things are dead quiet until the music just explodes in the room.

I’m not sure yet if the sound is twice as good as it was with just one 200, but everything just sounds fuller and of course as expected, I don’t have to crank the volume quite like I had to before to get to my normal listening.

If anyone is looking at updating their hifi and want a good bang for your buck, it’s hard to beat what you can pick up these things for now on the used market.
(05-Feb-2024, 18:48)mmorrison55 Wrote: My second 200 finally arrived. I’m glad I went dual mono. I’m so amazed and what you don’t hear. These things are dead quiet until the music just explodes in the room.

I’m not sure yet if the sound is twice as good as it was with just one 200, but everything just sounds fuller and of course as expected, I  don’t have to crank the volume quite like I had to before to get to my normal listening.

If anyone is looking at updating their hifi and want a good bang for your buck, it’s hard to beat what you can pick up these things for now on the used market.
I would agree 100% with you.
They are incredible value now.
LG b7 ,atlas mavros optical(glass),Devialet expert 1000 pro ci ,isoacoustics orea bronze,audioquest nrg-z3x2 ,audioquest niagara 1200,audioquest nrg-z3,mcru wall socket ,Atlas mavros speaker cable,KEF Reference 1 ,Synergistic research orange x3 and black x1 (13a UK plug
(05-Feb-2024, 18:48)mmorrison55 Wrote: My second 200 finally arrived. I’m glad I went dual mono. I’m so amazed and what you don’t hear. These things are dead quiet until the music just explodes in the room.

I’m not sure yet if the sound is twice as good as it was with just one 200, but everything just sounds fuller and of course as expected, I  don’t have to crank the volume quite like I had to before to get to my normal listening.

Exactly what I wanted to hear from you ...  Tongue

hope you tried RCA - -> AES
Roon Nucleus w/ Hypsos PSU & AQ Tornado + Roon RAAT  >  AQ Diamond ETH > etherREGEN using SFP + Hypsos PSU | CEC TL-5 CD Transport + AQ Z3 + 3 x Orea Indigo > AQ Diamond AES/EBU 
Devialet 440-Pro CI >  AQ Wel Sig  RCA-XLR | 6 x Orea Bronze, 2 x Synergistic Research Atmosphere PC | B&W 802 D3 {Bi-wired}  >  AQ WEL Signature (Biwire)
REL G1-Mk2 pair | PS Audio PP 12 + AQ NRG-1000 | Puritan GroundMaster + RouteMaster | SAM DISABLED - DPM OFF - Northern Virginia - US