Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wilson Benesch speaker cables
Hello

I'm thinking of buying WB Vectors and would greatly appreciate your recommendations for speaker cables that work well with the D200. Domestically thin cables (e.g. Crystal Cable) are preferred.

Thanks
Nick
    Personally I believe Crystal Cables to be the be all/end all cable, interconnect and power cord for EVERY connection on the 200 and you needn't look any further. But then others feel similarly about their choices so choose wisely.
Statements in my posts are opinion only, not to be construed as fact. Any projects I engage in are at my own risk! Their outcome cannot be assured and may result in success, small/no change or catastrophic failure. I encourage no one rely on anything I say or do as gospel and to realize your mileage may vary!
Personally I am a fan of DH Labs speaker cables,interconnects et al. I have not tried other speaker cables with my setup as I am using an externally bi wired set from them to my speakers. Good price/performance ratio IMHO. YMMV.
Roon ROCK on Intel NUC6i5SYH/Ethernet | VPI Avenger | Devialet 440 Pro CI | Vivid Audio Giya G3 | Auralic Aires Mini | Synology 1812+ NAS
SXSW, US
I recently bought the Vovox Texture speaker cable. They are an amazing match with Devialet.
Devialet 220 Pro / Wilson Benesch Vertex / Linn LP12 / Crystal Cable Crystalspeak Piccolo Diamond / Audioquest Vodka Ethernet / Roon / The Netherlands
Crystal cables (absolute dream) are perfect for Devialet.
Think also High Fidelity cables the Ultimate range.

I have tried it with both cables , minor differences in sound between the two cables.
The overall sound changing though was immediate.

Distributors of High-End Audio equipment & accessories & International Exclusive dealers
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Brands:  HiDiamond, Essence of Music, Crystal Cable, Siltech Cable, VertexAQ, Audeze, Musical Fidelity, Wilson Benesch, Cardas Cables, Sennheiser, MusicalStones, Klutz Design. Acoustic Preference, Dynaudio, PS Audio, Ayon Audio, Dan D'agostino and many more Smile
Cosmosound Technologies (www.cosmo-tech.info)
eshop: www.echosaudio.net
I have been using Kondo (ksl-spc) speaker cables with Devialet & Wilson Benesch speakers. Sounds really good.
Bluesound Node > Matrix Audio X-SPDIF 2 > Genelec 8351B & 7360A
Devialet 1000 Pro
Bluesound Node 2i > Genelec 8330
Tampere, Finland
I have been using Kimber Bi-Focal XL cables with my W-B ACT1's for a number of years now with terrific results - unfortunately they would fail to meet your "domestically thin" criteria as they are more in the style of  hosepipes Big Grin.

http://www.stereotimes.com/cables082101.shtml

David
1. NUC6i5SYH running ROON ROCK > ROON/AIR > Ethernet > Devialet 1000pro Core Infinity> Wilson-Benesch ACT Speakers,
or, as alternative, 
2. Wyred4Sound MS-2 Server, Devialet 1000pro Core Infinity, Theta Jade CD Transport, Pure 702ES Tuner, Wilson-Benesch ACT Speakers, misc cables

UK
Hi, I have WB Discoveries and use Chord Epic Twin. To me they seem perfectly matched with a detailed, open but natural sound Smile
IMac macOS 10.15.3 (no link to Devialet Sad ) / MacBook Pro Retina OS X 10.14.4 / Linn LP12 / Devialet 200 Wilson Benesch Discovery. 
Qobuz Desktop Latest Version / Audirvana 3.2.18 / Audirvana Remote / iTunes 12.9 / AIR 3.0.4 / Wi-Fi / FW 8.1.0 / SAM 50%
Cambridge, UK (Updated 27th February, 2020)
Talking of a perfect match, I recently switched to TQ Ultra Blacks and they have been a revelation to me. A cliche, but I am hearing things I never heard before (and that was with top-end Naim system, but NACA5 cable) from my Ovator S600's. The basic TQ Blacks work very well too, and they are thin and discrete.
Devialet 220 Pro, TQ Black Mains & Ultra Black Speaker Cables, Naim Ovators S600, Sonore microRendu (Roon & HQP) with Uptone JS-2
TRNC (North Cyprus)
Thanks for your suggestions, much appreciated.