Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wired or Wireless (with RAAT) ?
Nope. Latency is not normal.
Devialet Expert 440 Pro | Dynaudio Confidence 50 | 2x SVS SB16-Ultra
Anthem MRX 720 | Dynaudio Excite X28 | Dynaudio Emit M20
LG OLED 77 CX | LG OLED 65 C7

If you experience latency, I would recommend that you double check that Roon is using RAAT and not Devialet Air. It is capable of both and Devialet Air would typically exhibit some latency.
MacBook Air M2 -> RAAT/Air -> WiFi -> PLC -> Ethernet -> Devialet 220pro with Core Infinity (upgraded from 120) -> AperturA Armonia
France
Thanks a lot 🏼 that’s very helpful
For now my Expert 250 Pro has always been used as "ROON READY". 

That must be automatically through RAAT. Is that true?
(15-Oct-2023, 09:25)sjors.ehv Wrote: For now my Expert 250 Pro has always been used as "ROON READY". 

That must be automatically through RAAT. Is that true?

It should be the case, but the best way to be sure is to click on the little star to show the signal path. 
If you look at this example: https://community.roonlabs.com/t/deviale...ion/154912, it shows Roon RAAT as the first example and Devialet Air as the second one. 

I hope it helps.

Jean-Marie
MacBook Air M2 -> RAAT/Air -> WiFi -> PLC -> Ethernet -> Devialet 220pro with Core Infinity (upgraded from 120) -> AperturA Armonia
France
@sjors.ehv ,

@Jean-Marie gave you the short answer. What I'm providing below is the "everything you didn't want to know and didn't ask" answer.

When you stream data from your Roon Core to an Expert Pro, the Expert Pro will automatically detect the streaming protocol being used. Roon offers you various streaming options. If you go into Roon's Audio menu you will find the audio devices which Roon can stream to on your network listed in 3 categories: Roon Ready, Roon Tested, and "Other Network devices".

If you select your Expert Pro 250 from the Roon Ready group in the Audio menu your music can stream to your amp using RAAT.

Your Expert 250 Pro will also appear twice under "other Network Devices", once for Devialet Air and once for Apple's AirPlay.

You can select your amp more than once in the Audio menu, you could even select it ain the Roon Ready section and twice in the 'Other network devices" section.

You select your amp in either of those sections by tapping/clipping on the "Enable" button in the menu. Selected devices will show a cog icon instead of an "Enable" button. You can enable your amp for more than one streaming option so you could have your amp enabled to receive music via RAAT which is how music is streamed to a Roon Ready input, or via Devialet AIR or via AirPlay. Whichever options you enable become available "zones" that Roon can stream to. When you're streaming music you will see, down at the bottom of the Roon screen on your control device, a loudspeaker icon at the extreme right. If you tap/click on that icon you will bring up a small popup window with a row of icons. To the immediate left of the cog icon you will see an icon showing 2 arrows facing in different directions. Tapping on that will allow you to select which zone you want to use and, if you have more than one zone enabled in the Audio menu, you can switch between them from the options presented in that window. Your Expert Pro can identify the different sorts of stream it receives and will switch between its streaming inputs automatically if you swap zones. Roon will only stream to your amp using one protocol at a time.

So that's the background to the options you have for streaming with Roon.

Now you said you're using the "Roon Ready" option with your amp. If you select your amp from the Roon Ready options in Roon, Roon will stream to your amp using RAAT. As @Jean-Marie said, you can check the signal path info in Roon and if it is streaming to a device selected in the Roon Ready options you will see that your amp is receiving a RAAT stream. If you check the display window of your amp you will see that it is receiving a signal via the Roon Ready streaming input.

If the signal path display in Roon shows that you are not receiving a RAAT stream then the display window on your amp will show a different streaming input, either AIR or AirPlay.

So you can check whether you're getting a RAAT stream either by checking Roon's signal path data or by checking your amp's display window and seeing whether the Roon Ready input is being used. If the signal path data in Roon says RAAT, your amp's display will say you're using the Roon Ready input and vice versa.

One final point: as I said, you can enable your amp to receive data via 3 different protocols in Roon's Audio settings menu. My advice is to only select one of those options and to ensure the other 2 options are disabled. I think I notice a slight improvement in sound quality when I only have one of the 3 options enabled but some are likely to say I'm imagining that. Try all 3 options and decide which you think sounds best; some people prefer RAAT, some AIR, and I don't think anyone prefers AirPlay; but once you've decided I recommend disabling the other options. If for some particular reason you want to swap to one of those other options, for example you have a visitor who wants to stream some music to your system from an Apple device using AirPlay, it's easy to enable the AirPlay option and disable the Roon Ready option while AirPlay is being used and then to disable AirPlay and enable Roon Ready again.
Roon Nucleus+, Devilalet Expert 140 Pro CI, Focal Sopra 2, PS Audio P12, Keces P8 LPS, Uptone Audio EtherREGEN with optical fibre link to my router, Shunyata Alpha NR and Sigma NR power cables, Shunyata Sigma ethernet cables, Shunyata Alpha V2 speaker cables, Grand Prix Audio Monaco rack, RealTRAPS acoustic treatment.

Brisbane, Qld, Australia
Music 
Thanks a lot  Shy  to both of you.