Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
battery
2:30 is really weak indeed.
I have a gain so strong that I can not exceed half the volume
It is very bad. With less than three hours of battery, you cannot go out with it. Can forget about going for a plane ride with Geminis as they will sit in the charging case the moment you are on the plane. Ridiculous.

My guess is Devialet screwed up the Geminis’ software by connecting both earbuds. They rectify it using only the right earbud now to be the master so connection issues are gone. But this in turn affects the battery performance and they cannot do anything about it anymore. What’s done is done. Not sure if software update can fix this but I doubt so.

Bottomline is I am not purchasing any Devialet anymore. Very disappointed since the beginning till the end.
My use case is somewhat different. And for this one they are perfect. Very seldom I use earphones longer than 2-3 hours. On the other hand I extremely enjoy the superb SQ and that the BT connection to my IPhone 12 and IPad mini is dead stable for working in the garden up to 50m away from the devices. No need to carry around an IPhone, be free in the nature, transparency mode on, fully immersive sound experience, no isolation. Then in town noise canceling and at the beach sort of switch between both modes, listening to music with waves in the background or without, depending on mood. So far I could not reach below 40% of battery consumption before putting them back to the cradle. Also, with me both discharge symmetrically with 1-3% difference. They came with the latest FW already installed.
Normally I use them without ANC. No problem with fast battery drainage. Can use them at least 6 hours without putting them in the case. About 3  to 10% higher drainage of right earbud. Bluetooth works very well even for long distances, that is my house. I am a very satisfied owner. Fantastic earbuds.
Expert Pro 220. Dynaudio C1 II. Rega P8. Lyra Delos. Primare BD 32. 
Do you also sometimes have the left that empty faster than the right?
(05-Jun-2021, 11:12)Ounerbouks Wrote: Do you also sometimes have the left that empty faster than the right?

No I have not. Pls note when purchased the latest updates were already installed.
Expert Pro 220. Dynaudio C1 II. Rega P8. Lyra Delos. Primare BD 32. 
yes I had mine swapped and it's the same on the new ones.
Another bug Smile
Seems like transparency mode is the way to go. I have gotten above three hours without ANC and lower volume. I guess its a tradeoff. No doubt the Geminis produce superb SQ compared to other tws but the battery is different story. I have to juggle between volume and ANC to get battery level that I need.

If there’s someone here that uses the app EQ along with Spotify EQ, please report your battery usage. Just want to confirm if mine is defective or not. Thanks in advance.

On a side note, question for you guys that have good battery levels with the Geminis. Do you guys listen with the app opened? I am thinking maybe the battery drains faster if I listen with the app in the background.
After about 20 minutes of listening at moderate volume, about 40%. Most ANC and a bit of neutral mode. Can't say the battery time is impressive. Sounds quite good though, even if it's EQ'ed like a loudness curve by default. I would have preferred a more linear default EQ. 

Living room: Kii Three/BXT with Control.
Den: Tannoy Precision 8 iDP with TS112 iDP subwoofer.
In the cupboard, waiting for a sibling: 1st gen. Phantom Silver running DOS1
My Phantom Voyage
If you have available, try to play a bit with different ear tips. From different in-ear plugs I have about 50 different pairs and could find for Gemini the ones that feel comfy and neutralized the sound in both transparent and noise canceling modes. Then neutral, however, sound quite mid tone focused, like a phone. But, I prefer great SQ on both other modes. For me Sony ear tips sound best. I use yellow and green tagged ones (SM or M size). But it is very personal/ ear channel specific. Strange to see such a difference in left and right battery consumption.