Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
jplay quandry
Hi all,

im new to the forums here.

I recently became a devialet and vivid audio dealer and it shall be delivered tomorrow!

im getting my streaming option sorted and i see much here about the use of Jplay. it appears to be widely accepted as a good peice of software however when you look at something like this http://www.jriver.com/jplay.html it would appear that many companies are not agreeing.

is it widely accepted that it does actually work well?
Amp - Devialet 400 Speakers - vivid audio B1 Speaker cable - audioquest oak Power conditioner - furman SPR 16IE Source - audio PC with paul pang audio usb card v3 and paul pang red dual usb cable running through jplay. usb card powered by teddy pardo power supply Source 2 - line in from integra AV receiver (TV)
with the new version of jRiver it is not longer usable. You can only get it working with a registry hack. And for the Devialet the best sounding option is AIR WLAN IMHO and here jplay does not do anything useful. USB maybe another thing...
ive got a fairly solid network where it will be set up so i think ill go for the air ethernet even though there is little wlan interference around my house.

at this point i think my main source will be tidal from the PC which i read somewhere either has or will soon have a jplay plugin so the jriver support isnt essential.

i will only go down the usb route if im not happy with the air route - but its good to know it wont affect the air quality.
Amp - Devialet 400 Speakers - vivid audio B1 Speaker cable - audioquest oak Power conditioner - furman SPR 16IE Source - audio PC with paul pang audio usb card v3 and paul pang red dual usb cable running through jplay. usb card powered by teddy pardo power supply Source 2 - line in from integra AV receiver (TV)
(21-Apr-2015, 07:51)completeluxury Wrote: Hi all,

im new to the forums here.

I recently became a devialet and vivid audio dealer and it shall be delivered tomorrow!

im getting my streaming option sorted and i see much here about the use of Jplay. it appears to be widely accepted as a good peice of software however when you look at something like this http://www.jriver.com/jplay.html it would appear that many companies are not agreeing.

is it widely accepted that it does actually work well?
Hello,
were are at least two users of Jplay 6 on this forum : Morten from Danemark, and I.
I have a dual PC system (direct ethernet cable connection), USB between audio PC and Devialet 800.
I am VERY satisfied with Jplay 6, the sound quality is fantastic, and using Linn Kazoo quite pleasant.
  Best regards,
Sylvain
Devialet 800, Focal Utopia Diva (SAM), Roon 1.3 (build 242, Devialet Air in Roon) + Audio PC (customized Windows 10) + Android app
France
Hallo, I am the other user, and I concur for 99€ is Jplay a bargain.

If I compare Foobar -> Air vs Jplay -> USB to Devialet the difference is significant

But it is easy just download the trial version, if you do not like don’t buy it and save the 99€ :-)

I am running single PC and streamer, as control point Kazoo.

As a bonus I don’t have to worry about the with noise issue...

Kind regards Morten
Devialet 200, Graditech Voima 1 Power cable, MIT shotgun S1.3 Speaker cable, Neeper Acoustics Perfect One Speakers
Aurender N100H, MIT Shotgun AC1 Power Cable, Audioquest Forest RJ45, Transparent Premium USB Cable

Denmark
ive just ordered a paul pang usb card and cable with a teddy pardo psu so ill definitely be hitting up jplay!
JRiver have a long-running feud with JPlay which is what you found..., I'm not sure it's "many companies", more like "one company" that has a commercial problem with JPlay. There's a lot of noise on computeraudiophile.com but it's probably best to ignore it...

Having followed some of it, there seem to be many satisfied JPlay users so my suggestion is to ignore any negative Internet chat and try JPlay for yourself.
Another happy JPlay customer here! JPlay works with any player that supports ASIO output.

JRiver is and has been quite childish, actually pathetic in handling their JPlay issues. I am no longer a customer of them mainly because of this but also their lousy support and "bits are bits" dogma.
PS Audio P3, Shunyata ΞTRON Alpha Digital and HC/Furutech power cables, Paul Hynes SR7EHD-MR4, DIY Roon Server & Roon Endpoint running AudioLinux Headless, Phasure Lush^2 USB cable, Audioquest Diamond RJ/E ethernet, Uptone Audio etherREGEN, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Shunyata ΞTRON Anaconda Digital XLR AES/EBU, Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI, Nordost Tyr Reference LS cables, Von Schweikert VR-5 SE Anniversary Edition, Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0, JL Audio Fathom F112. More detail here.

The Netherlands
im very happy with my combination of fidelizer, jplay and AO at this stage!