Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
lyp sync - how to fix?
New 200 owner here. I have my 200 hooked up to a pair of Wilson Duette speakers (gen 1).

Anyway, I have my cable box hooked up to the Devialet via optical 1. The audio doesn't sync with the video. With my previous Bryston SP3, I could just adjust the lip sync delay on the SP3. How can I adjust for the delay with my Devialet?
AFAIK there is no adjustment for lip sync on a Devialet. Such adjustments as I have used for video have always been on a surround sound processor. I have used Meridian and now use Oppo kit and did lip sync adjustments on them. The Devialet is not a sound processor like the Bryston SP3.
Devialet Original d'Atelier 44 Core, Job Pre/225, Goldmund PH2, Goldmund Reference/T3f /Ortofon A90, Goldmund Mimesis 36+ & Chord Blu, iMac/Air, Lynx Theta, Tune Audio Anima, Goldmund Epilog 1&2, REL Studio. Dialog, Silver Phantoms, Branch stands, copper cables (mainly).
Oxfordshire

(19-Oct-2014, 20:15)f1eng Wrote: The Devialet is not a sound processor like the Bryston SP3.

Of course it's a processor. You can't say SAM isn't processing.

If it's really not possible to compensate for delays, is there a way I can make an official suggestion to Devialet? I can't be the only one who'd benefit from this
FWIW, for Lipsync adjustment I use a Felston Audio delay unit, got it from Amazon UK. This is very versatile with fine levels of adjustment.

Some extra info that might be useful, on bluray players, where the movie sound is an HD format (eg DTS-MA) the sound on the disk is often 24/48, and this is downsampled by all players to 16/48 from the coax output, but not HDMI. I use a LUXI HDMI Audio Extractor (AHD-110) to get the HD sound from HDMI without it being downsampled. Comparing the 2 on my D800 shows the sound output from the HDMI/Luxi to be preferable to that from the player coax output IMO. My bluray has twin HDMI output, I configure HDMI1 to be picture only, and HDMI2 to be sound only, though if you do not have twin HDMI output the LUXI has a pass through HDMI.
(19-Oct-2014, 23:13)scb Wrote:
(19-Oct-2014, 20:15)f1eng Wrote: The Devialet is not a sound processor like the Bryston SP3.

Of course it's a processor. You can't say SAM isn't processing.

If it's really not possible to compensate for delays, is there a way I can make an official suggestion to Devialet? I can't be the only one who'd benefit from this

I wrote "sound processor like the Bryston SP3", and it isn't.
What I meant was that it isn't a typical sound/video system for which video/audio latency compensation needs providing. Sorry not to go into more detail but I am lazy and generally prefer a simple message.
Devialet Original d'Atelier 44 Core, Job Pre/225, Goldmund PH2, Goldmund Reference/T3f /Ortofon A90, Goldmund Mimesis 36+ & Chord Blu, iMac/Air, Lynx Theta, Tune Audio Anima, Goldmund Epilog 1&2, REL Studio. Dialog, Silver Phantoms, Branch stands, copper cables (mainly).
Oxfordshire

You can send an email to Devialet support and ask for a custom config with the delay built in. This was possible at least a long time ago (Thierry of Devialet advised me) when I was fiddling with my subwoofer. Of course you'd have to determine yourself what the required delay is first.
PS Audio P3, Shunyata ΞTRON Alpha Digital and HC/Furutech power cables, Paul Hynes SR7EHD-MR4, DIY Roon Server & Roon Endpoint running AudioLinux Headless, Phasure Lush^2 USB cable, Audioquest Diamond RJ/E ethernet, Uptone Audio etherREGEN, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Shunyata ΞTRON Anaconda Digital XLR AES/EBU, Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI, Nordost Tyr Reference LS cables, Von Schweikert VR-5 SE Anniversary Edition, Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0, JL Audio Fathom F112. More detail here.

The Netherlands
Thanks, I sent an email.
Hi there, has there been updates on this topic from Devialet? I mean, is there an option to add delay for certain inputs in one of the newer firmware?