Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
manually manipulating dp_cfg.txt
For anyone who is interested in tweaking the config file by hand:
After changing some settings, fix the CRC checksum at the beginning of the file is possible with this software:

download and install "nodejs" (https://nodejs.org/en/download)
download https://github.com/Hamster128/iTunesRemote
run npm i
copy dp_cfg.txt to the installation directory
run calc_crc.cmd
done
Hello ,
Interesting ! Which functionnality / settings do you want
to change ?
(21-Dec-2023, 17:56)hamster28 Wrote: For anyone who is interested in tweaking the config file by hand:
After changing some settings, fix the CRC checksum at the beginning of the file is possible with this software:
https://github.com/Hamster128/iTunesRemote
Download it
run npm i
run calc_crc.cmd
done

I want to thank you very much for your work and for this software. I've been using it for a few months, since you posted the link in another thread.

I use 4 Devialet monobloc in chain and without your software it would have been impossible for me to configure them correctly, for two reasons:
- The configurator does not allow the use of my types of amplifiers in the same chain at all.
- The configurator has major bugs for any dual-mono configuration.

I had found some workarounds to make them functional with the configurator, but your software allowed me to configure them correctly (as the configurator should have done).

So, thank you for your excellent work!
(21-Dec-2023, 17:56)hamster28 Wrote: For anyone who is interested in tweaking the config file by hand:
https://github.com/Hamster128/iTunesRemote
Download it
run npm i
run calc_crc.cmd
done

Excuse my ignorance - where do I find the 'run npm i' command? I can't see it in the downloaded files.

I'm hoping if I can follow your instructions, I can somehow adjust the minimum startup volume setting from -60dB to -69dB, to overcome an issue with AirPlay.
Devialet Expert Pro 220, ATC SCM40 speakers, Pro-Ject Xtension 9 turntable, Chord Signature XL speaker cable
@daniel.avasilichioaei What workarounds did you find? Also having a dual mono config and would love to hear.
(22-Dec-2023, 03:37)daniel.avasilichioaei Wrote: I had found some workarounds to make them functional with the configurator, but your software allowed me to configure them correctly (as the configurator should have done).

Hi, if you recall that you helped me July last year with your 'work-around' to properly setup my Dual-Mono, it is working well.

However, I am keen to learn what further can we do with the software in discussion here ?

And if you can please elaborate how to do it. 

Many thanks in advance & Happy Holidays !

- Arup
Roon Nucleus w/ Hypsos PSU & AQ Tornado + Roon RAAT  >  AQ Diamond ETH > etherREGEN using SFP + Hypsos PSU | CEC TL-5 CD Transport + AQ Z3 + 3 x Orea Indigo > AQ Diamond AES/EBU 
Devialet 440-Pro CI >  AQ Wel Sig  RCA-XLR | 6 x Orea Bronze, 2 x Synergistic Research Atmosphere PC | B&W 802 D3 {Bi-wired}  >  AQ WEL Signature (Biwire)
REL G1-Mk2 pair | PS Audio PP 12 + AQ NRG-1000 | Puritan GroundMaster + RouteMaster | SAM DISABLED - DPM OFF - Northern Virginia - US
@audio_engr
Yes, you remember correctly. Smile

@markush
Over the last few years I have used several workarounds, some for dual-mono, then the same or others for quatro-mono (but not with all identical amplifiers)...

The first and easiest workaround was after I found out that for dual-mono there are differences between using only RCA cable or RCA+trigger cable: with trigger cable the master can send a larger set of commands to the companion. For example, this workaround solved the problem related to power off / standby from master versus companion. So I used RCA+trigger cable.

Then I saw that some important settings from the configurator (for example, those from bass and treble) are not saved in the configuration file for the companion and neither the master sends these settings/commands to the companion. As a result, the master works with the settings from the configurator, but the companion with the factory default settings.
Here, the workaround was to edit the configuration file for the companion, then I sent it to Devialet for CRC validation.
It worked, but it was inconvenient to make changes in the configuration, because I had to involve the support from Devialet.

After I switched from dual-mono to quatro-mono, the first problem was that the configurator does not support the chaining of 4 different amplifiers (although technically amplifiers can handle this situation - pure and simple, it is not included in the configurator).

One workaround was to try to "extend" the RCA+trigger configuration from 2 to 4 amplifiers, but I failed: it worked, but some random problems appeared. Probably the changes I made in the configuration files were not 100% correct.

Another workaround was to chain two dual-mono configurations. As far as I remember, it worked, but I already had the ambition to find a better solution.

Another workaround was to put all 4 amplifiers in a Roon zone, but I had some problems/limitations (I don't remember which one) and anyway the solution was dependent on Roon.

Another workaround was to define 4 dual-mono configurations in the configurator, and to put the 4 configuration files from the masters in the amplifiers (I didn't use the configurations from the companion at all). The remote control was common and all 4 amplifiers were simultaneously controlled by it (they did not use the controls from RCA, because they were all masters).
I used this one for several years and it is a very good workaround, because it eliminated all the configurator bugs specific to dual-mono.

But, a few months ago I saw @hamster28 post in another thread and I wanted to try to make the correct configuration files for quadro-mono, that is, as the configurator should have done them (be it without some/all of the bugs the specific dual-mono ones, obviously).
I succeeded, but after a few days of designing the configuration files and after several failed/successful tests.
So, @hamster28, thank you again for this wonderful and savior software!

I have only one more step to do: now the 4 amplifiers are connected only by RCA cable. I have to insert the trigger cable as well.
But this is not an emergency, so I will do it when I have time...
This is interesting!

Could someone write a bit more how to use this? For the dummies version.

Thank you!
(23-Dec-2023, 17:00)Waiski Wrote: This is interesting!
Thank you!

You have to follow the steps in @hamster28 post. But, before that, you have to do the most difficult part: modify the content of the file generated by the Devialet configurator with the settings you want.

Here are my notes from when I did this. I hope it helps you.
  1. Install "nodejs" (https://nodejs.org/en/download). The additional software proposed by the installer is not necessary.
  2. Download Hamster128/iTunesRemote repository from github https://github.com/Hamster128/iTunesRemote ---> Result: "iTunesRemote-master.zip" file (containing "iTunesRemote-master" folder).
  3. Extract content of "iTunesRemote-master.zip" file. --->  Result: "iTunesRemote-master" folder.
  4. Open Windows "Terminal" in extracted "iTunesRemote-master" folder.
  5. Run "npm i" command in "iTunesRemote-master" folder.
  6. Copy your modified "dp_cfg.txt" file to the "iTunesRemote-master" folder.
  7. Run "calc_crc.cmd". ---> Result: updated "dp_cfg.txt" file.
  8. Copy the updated "dp_cfg.txt" file to the Devialet SD card.
(23-Dec-2023, 18:24)daniel.avasilichioaei Wrote:
(23-Dec-2023, 17:00)Waiski Wrote: This is interesting!
Thank you!

You have to follow the steps in @hamster28 post. But, before that, you have to do the most difficult part: modify the content of the file generated by the Devialet configurator with the settings you want.

Here are my notes from when I did this. I hope it helps you.
  1. Install "nodejs" (https://nodejs.org/en/download). The additional software proposed by the installer is not necessary.
  2. Download Hamster128/iTunesRemote repository from github https://github.com/Hamster128/iTunesRemote ---> Result: "iTunesRemote-master.zip" file (containing "iTunesRemote-master" folder).
  3. Extract content of "iTunesRemote-master.zip" file. --->  Result: "iTunesRemote-master" folder.
  4. Open Windows "Terminal" in extracted "iTunesRemote-master" folder.
  5. Run "npm i" command in "iTunesRemote-master" folder.
  6. Copy your modified "dp_cfg.txt" file to the "iTunesRemote-master" folder.
  7. Run "calc_crc.cmd". ---> Result: updated "dp_cfg.txt" file.
  8. Copy the updated "dp_cfg.txt" file to the Devialet SD card.

Thank you. I think I got it, maybe Big Grin . Need to try first.