Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to connect 2 phantom to dialogue with Ethernet
Have always connected via wifi / PLC - but am having some issues recently so wanted to finally try via Ethernet as they always told me to do but was never practical for me 

Currently both phantom are on PLC - and dialogue I presume communicates with both of them via this method?

But as there is only one Ethernet socket on dialogue - and one on each speaker how to I connect both phantom via Ethernet?

Or am I mean to just connect one - and let the other one connect via PLC, and this is meant to cut out dialogue stability issues (and phantom to phantom via PLC is actually fine and no known issues?)

Thanks to anyone who can clarify as I have all the bits ready and keen to give it a go Smile
I have my 2 phantoms & dialog connected via ethernet to a Netgear 5 ports Gigabyte Ethernet switch.
It works perfecty
B
PH

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk
(30-Nov-2016, 18:58)OkPhs Wrote: I have my 2 phantoms & dialog connected via ethernet to a Netgear 5 ports Gigabyte Ethernet switch.
It works perfecty
B
PH

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

I knew I needed something else!! So I need 1 cable from each Phantom into a splitter - then into the Dialogue socket?

Does anyone know if there would be any benefit to only running 1 Ethernet from Dialoge to 1 phantom - then Phantom talk to each other?

Or dialogue will anyway directly talk to the 2nd Phantom via PLC still?
No, you plug the 2 Phantoms and the dialog into the switch, then connect the switch to your router or a PLC.
[size=x-small]Phantom Golds, Yamaha WXC 50
Ok thanks both Smile

I have replaced a cupboard full of amps with a cupboard full of Ethernet switches / optical switched / digital to analogue converters / and cables galore

Oh so many cables!!!!!
Is it possible to get speakers playing in sync using this method? If so, could it be used for surround? (i'm still looking to build that 18 speaker Ambisonics rig)