Devialet Chat
Firmware 8.0 - Printable Version

+- Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com)
+-- Forum: Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-Chat)
+--- Forum: Devialet News (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-News)
+--- Thread: Firmware 8.0 (/Thread-Firmware-8-0)

RE: Firmware 8.0 - thumb5 - 19-May-2015

(19-May-2015, 07:20)philoouu Wrote: Question about about subsonic filter in ? Should it be on or off ?
It seems to be on by default in General Settings.

Does anybody hear a diffference with filter activated ?

Surely it's a matter of personal taste?  Why don't you experiment with both settings and see which you prefer.

RE: Firmware 8.0 - Vivialet - 19-May-2015

a subsonic filter does only make sense if you use a turntable. This can create subsonic signals which do not belong to the music. For digital sources it should be off.

RE: Firmware 8.0 - Finn - 19-May-2015

But what if you use both records player and cd player ,i Don,t Think that you just Can turn subsonisk filter On and of when you play ?

RE: Firmware 8.0 - Saint0 - 19-May-2015

(18-May-2015, 12:13)G51 Wrote: Hello, Saint0. Jeff Fritz, Editor of Soundstage.com, once evaluated the expert line (of course not V8.0.0) and said it was dead silent even in his sound-treated listening room. So what comes the problem of the low frequency heart-beat-like rumble and the sudden outburst of very loud noise we heard? Electrical interference from our home electricity network? The later firmware? Or any other factors? Saint0 did you plug the Expert line direct to wall socket or use a power conditioner?

I'm pretty sure power is clean. D250 is connected to PS Audio P5 with Shunyata Z-PC10 power cord, and the P5 goes to MIT 20A in-wall conditioner/surge protector. I'm surprised to hear the low frequency rumble & beating noise, as well as the glitches with SAM 2.0; both happened after the V8.0 update. Unit was clean and dead silent running V7 prior to the update.

I've contacted Devialet, they're supposedly looking into it. This is the first time I had problems with their F/W update.

RE: Firmware 8.0 - ovo - 19-May-2015

(18-May-2015, 22:32)Ron D Wrote: So  installed V8 into my 200 and all was OK, at least for my use which is strictly Line in & digtial in (spdif). Don't use wif, ethernet, etc.

Was playing fine, appeared to run cooler and no sound when volume turned up loud (no source engaged) at the speaker drivers so I thought perfect!

Couldn't leave well enough alone and decided to try to turn off dynamic power function (has always been on in the past) . Downloaded the new config file and now the unit won't stay turned on - hit the power button and cycles through  a few screens - never reaches the volume screen and dies leaving the unpowered 200 screen in the display. Maybe revert to 7.1.1 until all the bugs are taken care is the answer.

Could kick myself....

Have you tried the usual suspects - hard reset (unplug mains power,after first turning off or unplugging  at the power outlet); hard reset without any input cables attached (apparently this is how to jolt the amp out of protection mode), and also without the SD card, this should power up in factory config?

RE: Firmware 8.0 - Saint0 - 19-May-2015

(19-May-2015, 09:28)Saint0 Wrote:
(18-May-2015, 12:13)G51 Wrote: Hello, Saint0. Jeff Fritz, Editor of Soundstage.com, once evaluated the expert line (of course not V8.0.0) and said it was dead silent even in his sound-treated listening room. So what comes the problem of the low frequency heart-beat-like rumble and the sudden outburst of very loud noise we heard? Electrical interference from our home electricity network? The later firmware? Or any other factors? Saint0 did you plug the Expert line direct to wall socket or use a power conditioner?

I'm pretty sure power is clean. D250 is connected to PS Audio P5 with Shunyata Z-PC10 power cord, and the P5 goes to MIT 20A in-wall conditioner/surge protector. I'm surprised to hear the low frequency rumble & beating noise, as well as the glitches with SAM 2.0; both happened after the V8.0 update. Unit was clean and dead silent running V7 prior to the update.

I've contacted Devialet, they're supposedly looking into it. This is the first time I had problems with their F/W update.

I'd like to add that V8.0 is running OK under "nominal conditions" playing music at -33dB to -20dB. The operating temperature is 4 to 5'C lower than V7.1.1.

However, SAM has minimal effect on my Focal Scala V1. Sound stage opens up a bit with SAM, but not much changes in the bass. SAM 2.0 is even more subtle than 1.0, not sure if it's worth the trouble. I don't noticed much difference changing the SAM % either. I'm wondering if other Scala V1 users have the same experience?

RE: Firmware 8.0 - jjo - 19-May-2015

(19-May-2015, 09:09)Finn Wrote: But what if you use both records player and cd player ,i Don,t  Think that you just Can turn subsonisk filter On and of when you play ?

It's safe to have the subsonic filter on even when playing digital sources. It just rolls off the lower frequencies, I have no idea what the limit for Devialet is, but I would assume most records don't have those frequencies and most people don't have speakers that would really reproduce the sound anyways.

But of course if one is unsure, one can try if the bass extension is lacking with the subsonic filter on Wink

RE: Firmware 8.0 - Finn - 19-May-2015

What if we could have all the settings On the Remote controller ,then we could try a lot of settings with out make nye sd Card This is my wish too devialet i hope for that . And Hello from Denmark

RE: Firmware 8.0 - Rodney Gold - 19-May-2015

I would like to see an offline configurator...

RE: Firmware 8.0 - thumb5 - 19-May-2015

(19-May-2015, 10:43)Rodney Gold Wrote: I would like to see an offline configurator...

Me too!  (http://devialetchat.com/showthread.php?tid=591)  When I suggested this to Devialet I had the usual polite and generic "we'll consider it" reply but nothing more.