Devialet Chat
Firmware 8.0 - Printable Version

+- Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com)
+-- Forum: Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-Chat)
+--- Forum: Devialet News (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-News)
+--- Thread: Firmware 8.0 (/Thread-Firmware-8-0)

RE: Firmware 8.0 - PhilP - 20-May-2015

(20-May-2015, 16:15)Antoine Wrote: edit: Not a single word on DPM or ICM though...

DPM is the feature that makes me most nervous... Confused

RE: Firmware 8.0 - f1eng - 20-May-2015

(20-May-2015, 13:28)Manoet Wrote: "not select some new features"!?! Could they be any less specific! Why not specifically itemize what works or doesn't? Oh wait, I'm sorry, I forgot... that's our job! I guess customer care means they support our efforts at flailing about. Whatever happened to a, b & c work but d, e, and f don't. I want a job like that!

Best regards,
Customer (Couldn't) Care (Less)

My guess would be "don't select the features which are new for v8"

RE: Firmware 8.0 - NickB - 20-May-2015

(20-May-2015, 15:58)Antoine Wrote:
(20-May-2015, 15:42)GuillaumeB Wrote:
(20-May-2015, 15:40)Antoine Wrote: I've prepared two configs, one with DPM OFF and one ON.

Cool! I look forward to hearing your impressions.

Guillaume

Now if only I could find my old 2GB "D-Premier" SD card (got a new 4GB SD with the upgrade to 250) so I can easily swap configs... Big Grin I know I still have that laying around somewhere!

(20-May-2015, 17:21)f1eng Wrote:
(20-May-2015, 13:28)Manoet Wrote: "not select some new features"!?! Could they be any less specific! Why not specifically itemize what works or doesn't? Oh wait, I'm sorry, I forgot... that's our job! I guess customer care means they support our efforts at flailing about. Whatever happened to a, b & c work but d, e, and f don't. I want a job like that!

Best regards,
Customer (Couldn't) Care (Less)

My guess would be "don't select the features which are new for v8"

I was going to say that but thought it too obvious !!!

RE: Firmware 8.0 - ErikM - 20-May-2015

I'm really curious if anyone has compared DPM on and off.. I've set mine up with DPM off.. I just don't care about any power savings and I've never found that my 200 really gets hot..

RE: Firmware 8.0 - iamwappie - 20-May-2015

(20-May-2015, 19:15)ErikM Wrote: I'm really curious if anyone has compared DPM on and off.. I've set mine up with DPM off.. I just don't care about any power savings and I've never found that my 200 really gets hot..

I just did. With DPM on crisper mids. Definitly a difference. For those that dislike 8.0 because of the sibilance etc, turn DPM off I'd say.

Also went back to 7.1.1. A lot less treble and soundstage. Now back again to 8.0 DPM on. Very wide soundstage and for me SAM off as for my speakers voices get to smooth at cost of details.

RE: Firmware 8.0 - bthomas9 - 20-May-2015

Is there any difference in the way the different digital inputs (USB, AES/EBU, SPDIF) handle DSD with 8.0. Does any way sound better. Long time lurker, first time poster.

RE: Firmware 8.0 - octaviars - 20-May-2015

(20-May-2015, 20:54)bthomas9 Wrote: Is there any difference in the way the different digital inputs (USB, AES/EBU, SPDIF) handle DSD with 8.0.  Does any way sound better.  Long time lurker, first time poster.

I have been told by my dealer and others that the AES/EBU input is the best to use but I dont think there is any diffrense in how they handle the DSD stream but maybe there are diffrense to the sound.

RE: Firmware 8.0 - Antoine - 20-May-2015

Physical/transport layer differences aside there is no difference in how the Devialets process the DoP signal internally. Which of the interfaces is better depends on the source used, IMO you can't generalize.

RE: Firmware 8.0 - moreno1973 - 20-May-2015

(20-May-2015, 19:15)ErikM Wrote: I'm really curious if anyone has compared DPM on and off.. I've set mine up with DPM off.. I just don't care about any power savings and I've never found that my 200 really gets hot..

200 with 8.0 and DPM off is sounding ok. IMO better than with DPM on. 

BUT... I just returned to 7.1.3Beta and this firmware gives me more sound pleasure than 8.0. It is louder than 8.0. I am sure of it 100%. 
7.1.3Beta offers some freshness and happiness in sound that I can't find in 8.0. 

I was very impressed when 7.1.3 appeared and I will use this version with 200. 

RE: Firmware 8.0 - Finn - 20-May-2015

You only go to dev webside download 7.1 .3 beta and that was that ?
Or you do other thing ,pleace tell becorse i thinking to go back to 7.1 .1