Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Firmware 8.0
(20-May-2015, 16:15)Antoine Wrote: edit: Not a single word on DPM or ICM though...

DPM is the feature that makes me most nervous... Confused
IMac macOS 10.15.3 (no link to Devialet Sad ) / MacBook Pro Retina OS X 10.14.4 / Linn LP12 / Devialet 200 Wilson Benesch Discovery. 
Qobuz Desktop Latest Version / Audirvana 3.2.18 / Audirvana Remote / iTunes 12.9 / AIR 3.0.4 / Wi-Fi / FW 8.1.0 / SAM 50%
Cambridge, UK (Updated 27th February, 2020)
(20-May-2015, 13:28)Manoet Wrote: "not select some new features"!?! Could they be any less specific! Why not specifically itemize what works or doesn't? Oh wait, I'm sorry, I forgot... that's our job! I guess customer care means they support our efforts at flailing about. Whatever happened to a, b & c work but d, e, and f don't. I want a job like that!

Best regards,
Customer (Couldn't) Care (Less)

My guess would be "don't select the features which are new for v8"
Devialet Original d'Atelier 44 Core, Job Pre/225, Goldmund PH2, Goldmund Reference/T3f /Ortofon A90, Goldmund Mimesis 36+ & Chord Blu, iMac/Air, Lynx Theta, Tune Audio Anima, Goldmund Epilog 1&2, REL Studio. Dialog, Silver Phantoms, Branch stands, copper cables (mainly).
Oxfordshire

(20-May-2015, 15:58)Antoine Wrote:
(20-May-2015, 15:42)GuillaumeB Wrote:
(20-May-2015, 15:40)Antoine Wrote: I've prepared two configs, one with DPM OFF and one ON.

Cool! I look forward to hearing your impressions.

Guillaume

Now if only I could find my old 2GB "D-Premier" SD card (got a new 4GB SD with the upgrade to 250) so I can easily swap configs... Big Grin I know I still have that laying around somewhere!

(20-May-2015, 17:21)f1eng Wrote:
(20-May-2015, 13:28)Manoet Wrote: "not select some new features"!?! Could they be any less specific! Why not specifically itemize what works or doesn't? Oh wait, I'm sorry, I forgot... that's our job! I guess customer care means they support our efforts at flailing about. Whatever happened to a, b & c work but d, e, and f don't. I want a job like that!

Best regards,
Customer (Couldn't) Care (Less)

My guess would be "don't select the features which are new for v8"

I was going to say that but thought it too obvious !!!
UK kit - Technics SP10 - Technics EPA-501  - AT33SA - NUC5i3 - W10 - Roonserver - Roon AIR - Devialet 1000 Pro CI - Blue Jeans Speaker Cable (0.5 metre each side) - Magico S5

Spain kit - NUC7i5 - W10  - Roonserver - Roon AIR - Devialet D250 Pro CI - Blue Jeans Speaker Cable - Ergo IX speakers
I'm really curious if anyone has compared DPM on and off.. I've set mine up with DPM off.. I just don't care about any power savings and I've never found that my 200 really gets hot..
(20-May-2015, 19:15)ErikM Wrote: I'm really curious if anyone has compared DPM on and off.. I've set mine up with DPM off.. I just don't care about any power savings and I've never found that my 200 really gets hot..

I just did. With DPM on crisper mids. Definitly a difference. For those that dislike 8.0 because of the sibilance etc, turn DPM off I'd say.

Also went back to 7.1.1. A lot less treble and soundstage. Now back again to 8.0 DPM on. Very wide soundstage and for me SAM off as for my speakers voices get to smooth at cost of details.
Devialet 220 Expert Pro CI | Sonus Faber Olympica II | Crystal cable speaker cables, interlink and power cables | ROON Rock on Intel NUC | Netherlands
Is there any difference in the way the different digital inputs (USB, AES/EBU, SPDIF) handle DSD with 8.0. Does any way sound better. Long time lurker, first time poster.
(20-May-2015, 20:54)bthomas9 Wrote: Is there any difference in the way the different digital inputs (USB, AES/EBU, SPDIF) handle DSD with 8.0.  Does any way sound better.  Long time lurker, first time poster.

I have been told by my dealer and others that the AES/EBU input is the best to use but I dont think there is any diffrense in how they handle the DSD stream but maybe there are diffrense to the sound.
Speakers:TAD CE-1. Amplifier: TAD M2500mk2. Digital: TAD DA1000-TX, Innuos Statement Next-gen, Innuos PhoenixNET.

Miscellaneous: Qobuz Studio, Ansuz Mainz 8 D2, Ansuz Darkz DTC, Tubulus Argentus ethernet cable, Tubulus Concentus USB cable, Tubulus Argentus V2 XLR cable, Tubulus Argentus V3 + V3 bass, iFi Nova powercables. 

Second system
Qobuz Studio -> Devialet Silver Phantom, Devialet Tree

Physical/transport layer differences aside there is no difference in how the Devialets process the DoP signal internally. Which of the interfaces is better depends on the source used, IMO you can't generalize.
PS Audio P3, Shunyata ΞTRON Alpha Digital and HC/Furutech power cables, Paul Hynes SR7EHD-MR4, DIY Roon Server & Roon Endpoint running AudioLinux Headless, Phasure Lush^2 USB cable, Audioquest Diamond RJ/E ethernet, Uptone Audio etherREGEN, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Shunyata ΞTRON Anaconda Digital XLR AES/EBU, Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI, Nordost Tyr Reference LS cables, Von Schweikert VR-5 SE Anniversary Edition, Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0, JL Audio Fathom F112. More detail here.

The Netherlands
(20-May-2015, 19:15)ErikM Wrote: I'm really curious if anyone has compared DPM on and off.. I've set mine up with DPM off.. I just don't care about any power savings and I've never found that my 200 really gets hot..

200 with 8.0 and DPM off is sounding ok. IMO better than with DPM on. 

BUT... I just returned to 7.1.3Beta and this firmware gives me more sound pleasure than 8.0. It is louder than 8.0. I am sure of it 100%. 
7.1.3Beta offers some freshness and happiness in sound that I can't find in 8.0. 

I was very impressed when 7.1.3 appeared and I will use this version with 200. 
You only go to dev webside download 7.1 .3 beta and that was that ?
Or you do other thing ,pleace tell becorse i thinking to go back to 7.1 .1
AVM  8.3  Rosso volterra 2 ,speaker cable and other cable audio note , turntable tt2 de luxe , caridge clearaudio carisma mm, primare bd mrk 2 shyunata power generator,