Devialet Chat
What gear did you trade or sell to get Devialet? - Printable Version

+- Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com)
+-- Forum: Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-Chat)
+--- Forum: Devialet D-Premier, Expert 120/200/250, Expert 140/220/250 Pro (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-D-Premier-Expert-120-200-250-Expert-140-220-250-Pro)
+--- Thread: What gear did you trade or sell to get Devialet? (/Thread-What-gear-did-you-trade-or-sell-to-get-Devialet)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

What gear did you trade or sell to get Devialet? - struts - 26-Mar-2022

(25-Mar-2022, 21:20)Pim Wrote: I have to ask; what was the difference in sound? I’m asking because I would think a Boulder setup would leave very little to want for.

Haha, fair question! And the simple answer is I can’t really answer it as the change from Boulder to Devialet was part of a complete system upgrade including the speakers. It was brought about by a number of factors not all of which had to do with sound quality.

So I never compared the individual components head-to-head but I can say that the new system taken as a whole sounded better, particularly on the streaming input.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RE: What gear did you trade or sell to get Devialet? - Redwingnine - 30-Mar-2022

(26-Mar-2022, 07:52)struts Wrote:
(25-Mar-2022, 21:20)Pim Wrote: I have to ask; what was the difference in sound? I’m asking because I would think a Boulder setup would leave very little to want for.

Haha, fair question!  And the simple answer is I can’t really answer it as the change from Boulder to Devialet was part of a complete system upgrade including the speakers.  It was brought about by a number of factors not all of which had to do with sound quality.

So I never compared the individual components head-to-head but I can say that the new system taken as a whole sounded better, particularly on the streaming input.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Excellent point.  Evaluating Devialet sound quality has to be taken as a entire setup.  Since the Expert/Expert Pro is a totally integrated solution,  it's not easy to compare the Devialet to a given amp, since the amp is connected to a set of separate components, all using interconnects.    How does one evaluate such a disperse setup, with many variables,  and then compare that to a Expert/Expert Pro setup?

I've heard systems that cost significantly more than the price of say an Expert Pro 220, and didn't come close sonically to the Expert Pro 220.

RE: What gear did you trade or sell to get Devialet? - Stian_Gel - 04-Jun-2022

My route to Devialet was slightly strange.
Here is my "story".
For referance this is my computer setup. (Where i spend most of my free time)

For many years i used a Denon PMA-50 with some Dali Lektor 1.
I wanted to try headphones, so i got some Beyerdynamic DT 1990 Pro.
Then i bought a Burson Audio Conductor 3XP for the headphones.
Had to get a small poweramp for my speakers, so i got a XTZ Edge A2-300.
For my TV audio i use a Sennheiser AMBEO Soundbar. Wanted a subwoofer, so i bought a KEF KC62.
During research for the subwoofer i fell in love with KEF. Tought to myself if the Sennheiser ever broke i would replace it with KEF LS50 Wireless II.
Could not shake the urge to upgrade, so i ended up buing the KEF LS50 Meta's to replace the Dali's.

I did not end up using my headphones as much as i tought, and the interface on the Burson is terrible. (to fine volume control and many clicks to change output/input)
So i wanted to get a new amplifier. Saw a used Devialet Expert 220 Pro, but the seller removed the ad.
After a while the ad went back up, and i contacted the seller.
He was unsure about selling it, and removed the ad again.
Later i sent him a message that if he was interested in selling, i wanted to buy. (Looked at different amplifiers in the meantime)
Finally got a yes from the seller. We agreed on a date, and i drove 7 hours (each way) to pick up the amplifier.

So things i sold to finance the 220 Pro.
-Burson Audio Conductor 3XP
-XTZ Edge A2-300
-Beyerdynamic DT 1990 Pro
-Canon RF 70-200 f/2.8 (camera lens)
-Godox V1 (camera flash)