Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
What gear did you trade or sell to get Devialet?
https://devialetchat.com/Thread-Audio-Fi...y-Dropouts

He obviously has some network issues - not related to Devialet.
Devialet Expert 440 Pro | Dynaudio Confidence 50 | 2x SVS SB16-Ultra
Anthem MRX 720 | Dynaudio Excite X28 | Dynaudio Emit M20
LG OLED 77 CX | LG OLED 65 C7

(15-Mar-2022, 09:46)Delija Wrote: https://devialetchat.com/Thread-Audio-Fi...y-Dropouts

He obviously has some network issues - not related to Devialet.

Cannot be related to network issues if I am not connected to a network.

Actually, I have found that by taking Roon out of “Exclusive Mode” it seemed to have solved my problems.
Now that I understand what they are trying to do with “Roon Ready” the input switching makes sense.
Devialet 220 Expert Pro, George Merrilll  Turntable, Lyra Etna Cartridge, Nordost Valhalla Speaker Wire, Sonus Faber Guarneri Speakers, Berkeley Alpha USB, NUC i7, LaCie 5TB HD.
Not network issues related to Devialet - network issues related to your Roon server/client.

Exclusive Mode should also work just fine. It's again some issue with your specific setup.

Never mind - it's important its working now.
Devialet Expert 440 Pro | Dynaudio Confidence 50 | 2x SVS SB16-Ultra
Anthem MRX 720 | Dynaudio Excite X28 | Dynaudio Emit M20
LG OLED 77 CX | LG OLED 65 C7

Sold before my D200:
- McIntosh MA2275 (unfortunately) to downsize in weight and volume my system. 
After that I tried a couple of all-in-one:
- Wadia Intuition 01
- Naim Uniti Star
but the Devialet wins hands down
Wilson Benesch Circle>Shelter 301 II | Devialet LE 200 | Roon>ROCK>NUC7i3 | Wilson Benesch Square Two | Sennheiser HD6XX
- Italy -
Mcintosh D150 Preamp/DAC
Mcintosh Mc152 Power Amp

Replaced with a Devialet Expert 200/400.
1, ATC SCM 40 V2 speakers,  SVS PC4000 subwoofer,  Devialet Expert Pro 1000, ,  Ultrasone Edition 15, Ultrasone Edition 15 Veritas,  ,Chord Hugo TT, Magnetar UBR-800, GeerFab DBoB, OTL Headphone amp

2. Dynaudio Focus 360 , Devialet Expert Pro 220, Reavon UBR X-110, GeerFab DBoB
I sold everything but the speakers and turntable - traded it all in or sold it privately for a pair of Expert Pro 440 amps that have since been upgraded to the latest spec for Core Infinity.

That was with a Musical Fidelity Nu-Vista 800 integrated amplifier, Nu-Vista phono preamp, Korg MR-2000S digital recorder and a PS Audio DirectStream Junior DAC. At the same time, I went from a laptop as a music server to Roon with an Intel NUC running ROCK. With Roon recognizing the Devialet amps the sound quality is much better than the laptop ever was.

I sometimes miss the Korg digital recorder, but after having recorded over 1,500 LPs didn't have many left to do. The USB connection to the Master amplifier is bi-directional, and when playing an LP to an assigned RCA input there is a corresponding digital signal available that can be connected to a laptop where I run VinylStudio to record. It's a bit clumsier than using the Korg, but the quality of the recording is first rate, coming from the Devilalet's internal DAC after the RIAA equalization and phono loading stage and (I think) just before the amplifier section.

The whole process was part of a downsizing exercise of moving from a 3,600 square foot to a 1,400 square foot home. That meant the big and heavy Audio Research tube amp and other gear had to go, along with the Klipschorn speakers I had fully restored.

Now, with the Devialet monoblocks and a pair of KEF Blades I think it's the best sounding system I've ever had.
Linn Klimax Twin -> Linn Klimax Monos -> Devialet 200 -> Devialet 220 Pro
220 Expert Pro - MagicoA3 - Linn Streaming - Linn LP12 Vinyl - DS-Audio 003 - PS Audio PP12 - Uptone EtherRegen - AfterDark Clock - Acourate room correction via Roon - Qobuz
Germany - Hamburg
Boulder 1012 DAC/Preamp
Boulder 1060 Stereo Power Amp

=> Devialet D-Premier which I upgraded all the way to a D250 CI.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Musical Fidelity kW 550 integrated amp and power supply. DM 25 DAC and transport. All upgraded by John Sampson who was Musical Fidelity’s service engineer and knew which shortcuts had been made to keep to a price point. Many components were upgraded. It sounded wonderful, but was huge, hot and very heavy.
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England
(25-Mar-2022, 07:35)struts Wrote: Boulder 1012 DAC/Preamp
Boulder 1060 Stereo Power Amp

=> Devialet D-Premier which I upgraded all the way to a D250 CI.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have to ask; what was the difference in sound? I’m asking because I would think a Boulder setup would leave very little to want for.
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.