Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
What gear did you trade or sell to get Devialet?
DSpeaker Anti-Mode 2.0 DAC/Pre-amp
Parasound Halo A21 Amplifier
iPhono iDAC
It probably goes without saying that I don't miss them. Do miss my universal remote control functionality though...
(25-Nov-2015, 07:24)NickB Wrote:
(25-Nov-2015, 07:11)mauidan Wrote:
(25-Nov-2015, 02:37)Pim van Vliet Wrote: Hi Flohman / Maiden,

I heard the Ref 75 once at a dealer and was immediately taken by its holographic sound. Do you feel you're missing that with the Dev?

Who's Flohman & Maiden?

At a guess its that wonderful invention "auto-mistake" sorry my mistake "auto-correct"

The ARC Ref150 is a remarkable amplifier, and handily bested everything else I've owned (Pass 30.5, BAT VK-75SE, CJ Premier 12), and might have been just a hair better in air and dimensionality than my Devialet 250 was. But I have no regrets, given the other advantages of the Devialet (now upgraded to D800). In particular, the improvement that SAM makes on my Magico Q1 speakers is something that no other amplifier could provide. And it's nice to have it all fit in a much smaller set of boxes (the ARC is large, too large for most racks).
Devialet 1000 Pro Core Infinity, Magico M3, Nordost Frey 2 speaker cable, PS Audio P15 Power Plant, Shunyata Alpha EF AC cable, Mac Mini running ROON.
Naim UnitiQute, which replaced Nait 3 & CD 3.5. I had Naim gear for about 10 years and I was actually very close to moving up the Naim chain. A superuniti was on the agenda until I heard the Devialet. Same price as the D120, but simply no comparison to the Devialet for me.
Damon
Powernode, NAD M32, Cambridge CD transport, Analysis Plus, Nordost, iFi Nova, CSS Criton 1TDX, KEF C62
Vancouver, Canada
Hi. My Devialet D-premier (later 250) replaced a Sonic Frontiers Line 3 + 2 Power 3 monoblocks. At that moment my speakers were Sonus Fabrr Stradivari.

Enviado do meu iPad usando o Tapatalk
MasterSound Parallel SE 300B for D120, then upgraded to D200, then upgraded to D250 just this week, WOW.
250 Pro Master, Siltech Anniversary Silver Interconnects and Speakers cables, LINN Majik Streamer, Arcam D37 SACD, Mac-mini with Kazoo, JRiver and tested Roon, Speakers, custom build, SEA Exotics, Chord Hugo, HifiMan H1000's. (home is Vancouver, Canada)
I sold the following gear to buy Devialet 200:
Naim Supernait
Naim Hi cap
Naim NDX
I still have a Clearaudio Concept.
Simaudio 600i integrated.
Roon->HQPlayer->McIntosh C47->McIntosh MC301s>Transparent Super->Wilson Audio Sabrinas w/ Shunyata Denali, Rega RP8, Rega Apheta 2

Music First Passive pre-amp
Chord Mezzo 140
Chord DAC 64

Very happy + brownie points for less "clutter"
Chord Blu > D200 > Martin Logan Ethos : Saddleworth, England
Primare i32 with Linn Akurate DS/1. The Linn will be used as renderer only, connected to the fabulous DAC of the Devialet 200 I just bought.
Aurender N10 - Kharma Enigma Signature AES/EBU - Devialet 400 - MIT SL-Matrix 28s - Audio Physic Virgo 25 Plus - IsoAcoustics Gaia II - AudioQuest Diamond RCA-AES between Master and Companion - Silent Angel Bonn N8 - AudioQuest Diamond Ethernet cable - Keces P3 with Hifi-Tuning Supreme 3 Silver fuse - GigaWatt 16A automatic circuit breaker - Vibex One 6 Cu - Shunyata Research ΞTRON Alpha Digital and ΞTRON Z PC-10 powercords - Qobuz 24 bit Studio

The Netherlands
Old : Naim CDX / XPS  / Nac52 / Supercap / Nap135 x 2
New : D200 mainly fed by SB Touch FLAC, occasional Linn LP 12 / Dynavector DV10X5 and Musical Fidelity X-Ray 24bit CD Player
Dynaudio Contour 1.8 Mk II speakers
Nice!
Lounge : D200, Dynaudio Contour 1.8 Mk II, Squeezebox Touch, Musical Fidelity X-Ray (CD Transport), Linn LP12/Ittok 3/Dynavector DV10x5, Chord Clearway & Carnival cables; Study : Squeezebox Touch, Revox PR99 MkII, NAD D 3020, Epos K1; Terrace: Squeezebox Touch, Audioengine A5+; Garage : Squeezebox 2; Rotel  RA-820BX, MA R252; assorted other Squeezebox products dotted around the place; Music Server : iMac 5K 32GB 3TB fusion drive, OSX & BootCamp W10, LMS, FLAC / MP3; Router : Huawei B310 4G; Ripping : dBpoweramp; Library Management : MediaMonkey; Location : East Algarve, Portugal