Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
What gear did you trade or sell to get Devialet?
My D200 replaced a Cambridge 840E, 4 modified AVM M1 mono amps, Trigon Vanguard II phono stage with battery psu - plus a number of cables...
Block PS100 Custom turntable/ Soundsmith Carmen - Kimber KS1011
Aurali Aries LE - Kimber USB  /  Oyaide FTVS 510
AVM Evolution CD3 - Oyaide FTVS 510
D200 - Kimber 12TC all clear - Ayon Gyrfalcon
HMS Energia RC1 mains filter- Fisch Audio power wires
Stuttgart, Germany
Did someone switched let's say for D250 from more expensive gear?
Devialet 800| B&W 802 Diamond | JL 113 | Linn Akurate DS + Denon HEOS for Spotify | Stealth Reverie speaker cables| Audioprana AES/RCA | DH LABS PC 
(15-Dec-2015, 01:16)Stigmater Wrote: Did someone switched let's say for D250 from more expensive gear?

I stopped using a Goldmund Mimesis 22, Mimesis 20, Mimesis 29.4 monoblocs for a pair of D-Premiers.
The Devialets sound remarkably similar but have a better signal to noise ratio though they give a slightly shallower stereo depth impression though that could be because of less noise.
I bought the Goldmund kit new but found their prices had become too extreme to update them.
FWIW my upgrade went Musical Fidelity A370 > a pair of Krell KSA 200b s in an active system > Spectral > Goldmund > Devialet over about 30 years.
Devialet Original d'Atelier 44 Core, Job Pre/225, Goldmund PH2, Goldmund Reference/T3f /Ortofon A90, Goldmund Mimesis 36+ & Chord Blu, iMac/Air, Lynx Theta, Tune Audio Anima, Goldmund Epilog 1&2, REL Studio. Dialog, Silver Phantoms, Branch stands, copper cables (mainly).
Oxfordshire

(15-Dec-2015, 21:42)f1eng Wrote:
(15-Dec-2015, 01:16)Stigmater Wrote: Did someone switched let's say for D250 from more expensive gear?

I stopped using a Goldmund Mimesis 22, Mimesis 20, Mimesis 29.4 monoblocs for a pair of D-Premiers.
The Devialets sound remarkably similar but have a better signal to noise ratio though they give a slightly shallower stereo depth impression though that could be because of less noise.
I bought the Goldmund kit new but found their prices had become too extreme to update them.
FWIW my upgrade went Musical Fidelity A370 > a pair of Krell KSA 200b s in an active system > Spectral > Goldmund > Devialet over about 30 years.

Wow, thanks for sharing.
Devialet 800| B&W 802 Diamond | JL 113 | Linn Akurate DS + Denon HEOS for Spotify | Stealth Reverie speaker cables| Audioprana AES/RCA | DH LABS PC 
Mcintosh MCD 500, Mcintosh C48, Mcintosh MC452.... for Devialet 200. Another 200 next year Smile
                                                                                          DD SYSTEM
                  SPEAKERS : Bowers Wilkins 802 D3 ---- ELECTRONIC : Devialet 200 (upgrade to Devialet 400 -2016-)
                            SOURCE : Aries Auralic ----- LOADSPEAKERS CABLES : Straightwire Crescendo 2*2,4mt
                 SOURCE CABLE : Audioquest USB Carbon ----- POWER : Ps Audio AC3 ---- REMOTE CONTROL : Ipad Mini

Primaluna Dialogue Premium Integrated
NAD M51 DAC

I don't particularly miss that system... well, maybe the tubes a little!
Krell EVO 505, EVO202 and EVO402 - no regrets!

Skickat från min iPad med Tapatalk
- Proud Devialet owner since 2011!

Main system:
Devialet D250 Pro, Magico Q3 speakers, Shunyata Anaconda speaker cables, Shunyata Sigma HC power cable/Shunyata Cyklops V2 power conditioner/Shunyata Digital power cable, Shunyata DF-SS cable lifters, Jenving CAT8+ Ethernet cables, Auralic Aries Mini with SBoost power supply, Shunyata Venom USB.

Working at Akkelis Audio in Gothenburg, Sweden
(19-Dec-2015, 08:38)BjornWiman Wrote: Krell EVO 505, EVO202 and EVO402 - no regrets!

Maybe you can share please how and under what circumstance you decided to change your fancy and obvious more expansive Krell system for D250
By the way , I did audition Q3 with my D250 that I brought with me to dealer , I could take the speaker for very attractive price but I found it a little bright for my taste.
Maybe we done something wrong, how you find Q3 and do you consider upgrade to D800 or D250 is enough for Q3.
Hello everyone.
The transition for me was more complicated than initially expected. Before buying the D-Premier my set-up consisted of a Audio Research Reference 8 CD, a Theta Compli multiplayer to read DVDs and blue rays and a Basis 2500 turntable/Vector 3 arm/Benz LP cartridge as sources, an Aesthetix Rhea phonostage and Sonic Frontiers Line 3 preamplifier and Power 3 monoblocks for amplification and Sonus Faber Stradivari speakers. I was looking for a replacement for the Sonic Frontiers and choose the D-Premier against a Audio Research Reference 250 (I don't remember the preamplifier model that was tested) as well as Conrad Johnsons, Krells and Classes, the last four within the same price range. I preferred the D-Premier more on the basis of sound quality and its more promising technology (I am engineer) than of its lower price, but the replacement triggered an unpredicted chain of events. Some time later I found the high frequencies too sibilant, a fault which was attenuated but impossible to solve completely by changing the speaker cables. This lead the Sonus Faber to be ultimately replaced by B&W Diamond 800s, after testing several models (YG Acoustics, Focal, Wilson Sophia, etc.). Simultaneously, I found that the sound quality improved if the Theta was branched to the digital inputs of the D-Premier instead of the analogic ones. Unfortunately the AR Reference 8 does not have digital outputs. After extensive tests I found that the best SQ in reading CDs was achieved with a PS Audio memory player, probably because the internal buffer reduces reading errors and I replaced the AR by a PS Audio. Having now some inputs available I purchased a Bryston BDP-1 to read audio files stored in a USB hard disk and, more recently, an Aurender with internal storage. In the meantime the D-Premier was upgraded to 250 and the Aesthetix replaced by the 250 internal phono stage.

Enviado do meu iPad usando o Tapatalk
Hello Stigmater,

You are not the first to bring out the question why, after being a Krell owner for 15 years, I traded my setup for a Devialet D-Premiere ( upgraded to a D250)

The answer are a couple of things; I got fed up with all equipment, I was dissatisfied with the way Krell handled service issues and I found the Devialet just as musically satisfying as the larger Krell setup. Shure, the Krells were even more powerful but there was a musicality in the Devialet which was appealing to me.

Regarding the combo of Q3 and D250; I have owned the Q3 since it was released in 2011. By far this is the most challenging speaker to setup I have experienced. Just by moving the speakers a couple of millimeters, you change soundstage and tonal balance. Based on this experience I would guess that your experience of the Q3 was a result of a not 100% perfect setup. Personally I love the combination of Q3 and the D250 since the transparency, relative lack of coloration and fantastic transient speed, appeal to me. This qualities also bring out the importance of using cables that is neutral. I have been using Nordost Valhalla and Odin cables and Transparent Audio Reference in the system - unfortunately without that last satisfaction. The Valhalla /Odin cables worked fine with the Wilson MAXX ser2/Sasha and Krells I previously owned but in my existing system the Shunyata Anaconda speaker cables and Sigma power cords do the job in a more musically satisfying way.

In my listening room (approximately 25m2/250sq feet) the D250 deliver enough power but I can see the need for a more powerful setup in a larger room. From comments on this forum I understand that many have experienced the D800 even better sound quality wise. Unfortunately I have not had any chance to experience the D800 in my system yet, so from my standpoint, the question have yet to be unanswered.

I hope this have been of some help for you.

Best regards

Björn

- Proud Devialet owner since 2011!

Main system:
Devialet D250 Pro, Magico Q3 speakers, Shunyata Anaconda speaker cables, Shunyata Sigma HC power cable/Shunyata Cyklops V2 power conditioner/Shunyata Digital power cable, Shunyata DF-SS cable lifters, Jenving CAT8+ Ethernet cables, Auralic Aries Mini with SBoost power supply, Shunyata Venom USB.

Working at Akkelis Audio in Gothenburg, Sweden