Devialet Chat
New product launch? - Printable Version

+- Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com)
+-- Forum: Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-Chat)
+--- Forum: Devialet News (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-News)
+--- Thread: New product launch? (/Thread-New-product-launch)

RE: New product launch? - arcam - 18-Jun-2016

(18-Jun-2016, 01:29)bernardl Wrote: I am 93% sure that this leak isn't random.

My random generator reaches over 99%.  Big Grin

RE: New product launch? - wikeeboy - 18-Jun-2016

Has anyone been able to confirm whether the D1000 will have the same copper base as the O'da?

RE: New product launch? - octaviars - 18-Jun-2016

So many questions so few answers.....I wonder how many pages we can reach before we get to know if this upgrade or new series from Devialet is the best thing since sliced bread Smile

RE: New product launch? - arcam - 18-Jun-2016

(18-Jun-2016, 15:07)octaviars Wrote: So many questions so few answers.....I wonder how many pages we can reach before we get to know if this upgrade or new series from Devialet is the best thing since sliced bread Smile

The missing element now is (mostly) SQ. Anybody have any element about this?

RE: New product launch? - Drifter - 18-Jun-2016

(18-Jun-2016, 07:07)Rodney Gold Wrote: Miles , where in SA are you?

Rodney.
Miles is in the Eastern Cape. Port Elizabeth area if I'm not mistaking.

I'm in the same boat. Just bought a Devialet 120 to pair with my Vivid Audio B1's.

RE: New product launch? - Pim - 19-Jun-2016

(18-Jun-2016, 10:36)Confused Wrote: So for those who may have inadvertently obtained some leaked information, what exactly is 'New ADH Intelligence'?

A new DAC, a new implementation of ADH, both maybe?  Also, is this 'new', or does the O'dA have this already?

It wasn't on the list of improvements of the 900 over the 800 so, unless they forgot to mention it, yes, it's new.

RE: New product launch? - Damon - 19-Jun-2016

(13-Jun-2016, 18:55)PhilP Wrote: Devialet have provided plenty of functional and SQ upgrades for Expert customers free of charge. If they offer a hardware upgrade at a fraction of the price of a new box then I will be very happy. AIR3 sounds superb in my system.

It's great fun to speculate (and I'm wondering myself what they may announce) but to be frank I can see no reason to get upset with Devialet before they've even announced what the new enhancements are or what they cost ?

Bravo.

I've been adrift on the Adriatic so out of reach of this fine forum. I've missed about 25 pages on this thread alone. I'm interested in the upgrade, and more confirmation of what is, or isn't, included, as well as the cost. But I'm impressed that the current rumour/ hint/ information that we have suggests a solid, important physical upgrade option. And it is an option, not an obligation. My last amplifier 'upgrade' was to go from Naim to Devialet; a move I have not regretted for a moment. Naim's other upgrades were extra-box options, and rarely cheap. Devialet's upgrade seems thorough to me, at least on a first read. And if upgraded, the existing hardware won't be 'second class'; it will be the equal of the new product. Even if you decide not to upgrade, it is likely that resale value will benefit as a buyer will have the full quality upgrade option as well.

The timing of the announcement and actual delivery/ upgrade dates are of no consequence. It is what it is. R & D and testing take time and cost money. I'm in no rush as I bought the system for it's sound quality on the day I pulled out my VISA.

The actual announcement may be a delight or a disappointment, but everybody can take it or leave it. But not many other companies even give you this kind of opportunity. You could, of course, buy a Linn turntable and triple it's cost with various add-on's and fiddly bits.

I think many here are making themselves unhappy by mixing rumours, agitation, requests, speculation and complaints well in advance of any actual information. Reading the list of requests and demands (some along the lines of, 'Devialet is so stupid; why don't they do what I say?") I'd be surprised if Devialet could find any valuable direction to follow.

Now I'm going to settle back into the delights of Rome and then wander into the Umbrian countryside in pursuit of some Sagrantino and wild boar. Audio is fun, but lunch is serious business.

RE: New product launch? - Jnan_devi - 20-Jun-2016

Under Devialet News Category, there is there is new thread created as "Upgrade Details". Check it out. Also check your inboxes for email from Devialet subject "Be the first. Offer for Devialet Expert owners only" the details are listed in the email and also in the thread Upgrade Details.

RE: New product launch? - Celts88 - 20-Jun-2016

(20-Jun-2016, 10:47)Jnan_devi Wrote: Under Devialet News Category, there is there is new thread created as "Upgrade Details". Check it out. Also check your inboxes for email from Devialet subject "Be the first. Offer for Devialet Expert owners only" the details are listed in the email and also in the thread Upgrade Details.

Do you have a link, I can't seem to find it Tongue

RE: New product launch? - wikeeboy - 20-Jun-2016

(20-Jun-2016, 10:47)Jnan_devi Wrote: Under Devialet News Category, there is there is new thread created as "Upgrade Details". Check it out. Also check your inboxes for email from Devialet subject "Be the first. Offer for Devialet Expert owners only" the details are listed in the email and also in the thread Upgrade Details.

Don't have the email yet, and can't find the section on the site Sad

Can you cut and paste the details?