Devialet Chat
AIR 3 Beta for Mac - Printable Version

+- Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com)
+-- Forum: Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-Chat)
+--- Forum: Streaming (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Streaming)
+--- Thread: AIR 3 Beta for Mac (/Thread-AIR-3-Beta-for-Mac)

RE: AIR 3 Beta for Mac - baddog - 21-May-2016

(21-May-2016, 19:30)Beajuju Wrote:
(21-May-2016, 18:49)Duomike Wrote: try to make a direct connection without the switch. you may need to change some settings. see above

I have different wifi or ethernet devices in the house. How can I make sure I use a valid IP address not use by any of my devices?

If you have a Mac - then download Lanscan it will show you all the IP addresses in use on your network.

If you have a PC - there are also a number of free tools available, such as Lanscan.

If you have a router - it should show you all connected devices via its admin tool.

Usually you will find you have less devices in your household using IP addresses above XX.XX.XXX.200

RE: Direct Connection Mac to Devialet via Ethernet - BrianT - 21-May-2016

(21-May-2016, 16:45)baddog Wrote: Hello. I am sure you are on your way to success but to summarize:

You do not need a cross over cable, normal network cable will work.

On the Configurator side you do want to enable the ethernet port on the Devialet, and as you mentioned, under Ethernet settings ->Advanced Settings:

DHCP - OFF

Fixed IP address ( this is an example ) 192.168.0.77
Network Mask - 255.255.255.0

Click OK.
baddog
Thanks for your help, my Ethernet connection to my Mac Mini works perfect
following you step by step instructions using Air 3 beta and Audirvana 2.5
I have tried 44, 88, 192 and DSD 64 files, all working OK.

Brian

RE: AIR 3 Beta for Mac - hk6230 - 22-May-2016

@baddog, great job. I'm sure your step-by-step instructions will be useful to someone in the future, too. Maybe we should have a FAQ section that contains such instruction for future new Devialet users.

RE: AIR 3 Beta for Mac - Wdw - 22-May-2016

To Audirvana and Air 3 users....am using Audirvana after some absence so hoping for some guidance. Wondering if you have been able to invoke integer mode using Air 3. So far I haven't had any luck....have it flagged in Preferences but the elusive little green "int" logo is a no show. Any thoughts or comments appreciated.
Best,
wdw

RE: AIR 3 Beta for Mac - Duomike - 22-May-2016

(22-May-2016, 01:33)Wdw Wrote: To Audirvana and Air 3 users....am using Audirvana after some absence so hoping for some guidance. Wondering if you have been able to invoke integer mode using Air 3.  So far I haven't had any luck....have it flagged in Preferences but the elusive little green "int" logo is a no show.  Any thoughts or comments appreciated.
Best,
wdw

sorry wdw, never had anything flagged in my audirvana and never saw that elusive green int logo. judging by the lack of responses I guess other may also not know what you mean.

have AIR3 running since yesterday only. early stage of experimenting. I need to disable direct mode otherwise audirvana stops when sample rate changes. dont use the upsampler cause the dev sounds better receiving native signals, unlike my previous amp

RE: AIR 3 Beta for Mac - Olivier4444 - 22-May-2016

Hello
Now that AIR 3 proves to be more stable, would you recommend the "Mac mini > ETHERNET > D200" set up over "Mac mini > USB > D200" ?
Today I just connect the Mac mini to D200 with an audio quest Carbon USB - works fine but i wondered if AIR (Ethernet/Wifi) is better
Sorry but I'm totally lost with all these set ups ...
Thanks !

RE: AIR 3 Beta for Mac - BrianT - 22-May-2016

(22-May-2016, 10:12)Duomikei Wrote: dont use the upsampler cause the dev sounds better receiving native signals, unlike my previous amp

Duomikei

Can you tell me what you mean by the upsampler in Audirvana 

Thanks Brian

RE: AIR 3 Beta for Mac - Axel - 22-May-2016

There is an update for El Capitan OSX out today.

RE: AIR 3 Beta for Mac - Pim - 22-May-2016

(22-May-2016, 11:48)Axel Wrote: There is an update for El Capitan OSX out today.

Will it fix the USB turning to pork crackling after a few hours of playing?

RE: AIR 3 Beta for Mac - Duomike - 22-May-2016

haven't done any serious listening yet so can't comment re sound differences between eth and usb connection.
"problem" is tomorrow will receive the sr atmosphere dev edition pc. not a good thing to change 2 things almost at the same. then you lose track what each change is doing but after reading the whole thread I felt I need to try AIR