Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
AIR 3 Beta for Mac
antoine, no dont have any network in my home. since i got an iphone with 5,5" screen I use it for all my internet stuff, surfing etc and the mini just for listening to music. when want to access the configurator or download music from the net I activate the hotspot in my phone and connect it by cable to my mini.
thanks for the info how to set the ip and subnet mask in both the mac and dev. this is the info i was looking for and which was missing so far.
will try now and will report
Highly modded avantgarde omega duos, slightly modded d200, d-sonics m3 800 s class d amp to drive the subs of my duos, all equipment on silent running audio platforms. 
DCS Network bridge connected with AQ diamond to Router and with special Belden 1694a digital cable (cable is cryoed, mechanical damped and using very high quality solder to KLEI Harmony Bullet plug)
S/C is Shunyata biwire Delta, 2 Delta p/c on the bridge and bass amp, Synergestic dev p/c on the 200, all connected to Shunyata Denali power conditioner

Hello. I am sure you are on your way to success but to summarize:

You do not need a cross over cable, normal network cable will work.

On the Configurator side you do want to enable the ethernet port on the Devialet, and as you mentioned, under Ethernet settings ->Advanced Settings:

DHCP - OFF

Fixed IP address ( this is an example ) 192.168.0.77
Network Mask - 255.255.255.0

Click OK.

Download the settings to your SD card.

Put SD card into Devialet and re start.

Ensure Ethernet input is selected on the Devialet

On your Mac choose System Preferences from under the Apple menu ( Apple icon top left on your screen )

Select Network.

Then select Ethernet ( it probably indicates it is connected and has a small green circle )

If you have not done so choose Configure IPv4 - and set to "Manually"

IP Address - set to 192.168.0.78    ( note this is exactly the same as you set for the Devialet except the last number (.78)

Subnet Mask - set to 255.255.255.0  ( note this is exactly the same as you set for the Devialet )

Router - doesn't really matter - put 192.168.0.1

If you already have this setup properly then under Status: it should be as follow:

Ethernet is currently active and has the IP address 192.168.0.78  ( or however you configured it on your Mac )

If you are doing this again then click the APPLY button.

Now you are all set on both the Devialet and the Mac side.

On to the Devialet AIR icon (teardrop - top right of screen)

Clicking on it should show the following:

Disable Devialet AIR
My Devialet-ETH
Settings
About 
Quit

Select My Devialet-ETH

Choose Settings

If you click General Settings in the left pane you will see the following in the right pane:

Launch Devialet AIR at startup - I have mine set to ON

Unlock Advanced Settings

Click the little lock and you should be able to change the "Target Device Buffer"- mine is set to "500 ms" others use higher or lower settings.

That is all you can go in General Settings

Now go back to the Left Pane and click My Devialet-ETH

When you do so in the right pane you should see the following:

Round dial with the volume level of your Devialet and the input selected (ethernet)

It should also show the following:

Ethernet connection: 10/100

IP Address - this should match the one you specified in the configurator -  from my example above it would be 192.168.0.77

Mac Address: ( don't be concerned with what you see here as it is not related to your Mac Mini settings/nor anything else you need based on your setup)

When the device appears on the network: I have mine setup to "always stream to it automatically"

And that is all you need to do for configuration of Devialet AIR

Now, I have not used Audirvana in a while, but you will want to ensure that AIR is the output device ( other folks correct me if I am wrong )

As a verification step - you could go into the following folder on your Mac:

Applications -> Utilities

Choose the Audio Midi Setup application, and launch it.

Verify you see "Devialet AIR"

Lastly you can go into System Preferences under the Apple Menu and select Sound

Verify Devialet AIR is selected as your Output device.

That's all I got from this end. I attached some screenshots too.
Roon ROCK on Intel NUC6i5SYH/Ethernet | VPI Avenger | Devialet 440 Pro CI | Vivid Audio Giya G3 | Auralic Aires Mini | Synology 1812+ NAS
SXSW, US
antoine, adjusted the settings as per your advice in both mac and dev and after inserting the sd card i could finally see AIR ETH when clicking on the raindrop. had a big smile on my face. after opening audirvana and clicking on play the smile got even bigger when the music finally starts to play.
it was a frustrating day for me but it was worth the effort. maybe this thread will be helpful for other people want to make
a direct connection between their mac and dev.
so far for music playing without any problems regardless of sample rate.

antoine, let me know in case you will ever come to lombok indonesia (an island next to bali island). will take you out for a nice dinner and buy you as much drinks as you can drink!
Highly modded avantgarde omega duos, slightly modded d200, d-sonics m3 800 s class d amp to drive the subs of my duos, all equipment on silent running audio platforms. 
DCS Network bridge connected with AQ diamond to Router and with special Belden 1694a digital cable (cable is cryoed, mechanical damped and using very high quality solder to KLEI Harmony Bullet plug)
S/C is Shunyata biwire Delta, 2 Delta p/c on the bridge and bass amp, Synergestic dev p/c on the 200, all connected to Shunyata Denali power conditioner
I downloaded the Air 3 Beta for Mac a few days ago. Everything played fine, iTunes, Audirvana and Roon until...this morning. The same problem I encountered with Air 2 came back. The music stutter (griche in french) after a few minutes with Roon and Audirvana . My OS is 10.11.5. Am I the only one? I delete the Air 3 and reinstalled it but same issue : (

I have a Mac mini with Ethernet cat 7.
Devialet 800. Dynaudio Focus 340. Transparent MusicWave Super speaker cable. Rega P3 turntable. Naim NAT05 XS with Flatcap XS.
(21-May-2016, 17:19)Beajuju Wrote: I downloaded the Air 3 Beta for Mac a few days ago. Everything played fine, iTunes, Audirvana and Roon until...this morning. The same problem I encountered with Air 2 came back. The music stutter (griche in french) after a few minutes with Roon and Audirvana . My OS is 10.11.5. Am I the only one? I delete the Air 3 and reinstalled it but same issue : (

Can you tell us a little more about your setup?

Are you using a WIFI or ethernet connect for the Devialet?

Does the stutter occur with high resolution music or any music?

Where are your music files stored?

Are you up sampling in Audirvana?

I have been using it for more than a week now.

Music on Synology NAS connected via ethernet to switch.
Mac Mini ( 2012 with 16GB memory /SSD boot disk i7 quad core processor and RoonServer & AIR 3) connected via ethernet to switch.
D400 connected via ethernet to switch.

All three of those devices are in different rooms.

Once every three days I will get a small drop out that lasts lest then a second. Not a burst of noise, just a brief drop. However this last for less than a second, and over the course of several hours does not occur again. I have had this happen when playing back a Tidal selection, once with a 24/44 file, and I did not make note of the other times it happened ( I am tracking that now ).

I am running El Capitan on my Mac Mini. Just RoonServer and AIR 3 running on the Mac Mini.

Latest version of firmware on the Devialet.

I used CCleaner prior to installing AIR 3 to ensure I had removed any old instances of AIR 2.

I do not have any other startup items on my Mac Mini other than RoonServer and AIR 3.
Roon ROCK on Intel NUC6i5SYH/Ethernet | VPI Avenger | Devialet 440 Pro CI | Vivid Audio Giya G3 | Auralic Aires Mini | Synology 1812+ NAS
SXSW, US
also big thanks to baddog for your efforts. the invitation for antoine I'd also like to extend to you!
Smile 
@Duomike - always happy to assist when I can. Thanks for the invite, it looks like you live in one of the most wonderful spots in the world, and with an audio system to match. Is it as beautiful as the pictures?

Looks like I am only 8,266 miles away, so keep a light on for me...
SXSW, US
(21-May-2016, 17:26)baddog Wrote:
(21-May-2016, 17:19)Beajuju Wrote: I downloaded the Air 3 Beta for Mac a few days ago. Everything played fine, iTunes, Audirvana and Roon until...this morning. The same problem I encountered with Air 2 came back. The music stutter (griche in french) after a few minutes with Roon and Audirvana . My OS is 10.11.5. Am I the only one? I delete the Air 3 and reinstalled it but same issue : (

Can you tell us a little more about your setup?

Are you using a WIFI or ethernet connect for the Devialet?

Does the stutter occur with high resolution music or any music?

Where are your music files stored?

Are you up sampling in Audirvana?

I have been using it for more than a week now.

Music on Synology NAS connected via ethernet to switch.
Mac Mini ( 2012 with 16GB memory /SSD boot disk i7 quad core processor and RoonServer & AIR 3) connected via ethernet to switch.
D400 connected via ethernet to switch.

All three of those devices are in different rooms.

Once every three days I will get a small drop out that lasts lest then a second. Not a burst of noise, just a brief drop. However this last for less than a second, and over the course of several hours does not occur again. I have had this happen when playing back a Tidal selection, once with a 24/44 file, and I did not make note of the other times it happened ( I am tracking that now ).

I am running El Capitan on my Mac Mini. Just RoonServer and AIR 3 running on the Mac Mini.

Latest version of firmware on the Devialet.

I used CCleaner prior to installing AIR 3 to ensure I had removed any old instances of AIR 2.

I do not have any other startup items on my Mac Mini other than RoonServer and AIR 3.

I use Ethernet Audioquest Cinnamon cat 7 to switch. Switch to my Devialet 250 (also with an Audioquest Cinnamon cat 7). My Mac mini have attached a SSD drive where is music library. The stutter occur with streaming music (Tidal and Web radio in Roon) and my music library (red book Cd and HD with Audirvana and Roon). No up sampling.
Devialet 800. Dynaudio Focus 340. Transparent MusicWave Super speaker cable. Rega P3 turntable. Naim NAT05 XS with Flatcap XS.
try to make a direct connection without the switch. you may need to change some settings. see above
(21-May-2016, 18:49)Duomike Wrote: try to make a direct connection without the switch. you may need to change some settings. see above

I have different wifi or ethernet devices in the house. How can I make sure I use a valid IP address not use by any of my devices?