Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
D200 Mod 2.0.1
Nice! Good work.
You will be amazed I'm sure. Can't wait for your comment on your first session.

gui
"Oh, you can buy the other. But then it is a cost intensive learning process"
berlin
the effect on the sound was like opening a dam. Everything got so much more control and thrust, bass and spatial stage got so much more detail to it..

It’s true already !! I am very happy with them !! A great mod again .
I never heard the Jim Hall ´s guitar like this .
Thanks Yaba .
(29-Nov-2023, 11:48)Seb31300 Wrote: the effect on the sound was like opening a dam. Everything got so much more control and thrust, bass and spatial stage got so much more detail to it..

It’s true already !! I am very happy with them !! A great mod again .
I never heard the Jim Hall ´s guitar like this .
Thanks Yaba .

Tongue...you're welcome.
berlin
(28-Nov-2023, 18:21)Seb31300 Wrote: [Image: aarl.jpeg]

[Image: zbss.jpeg]

Running - in !!

Wowza! I'm so thankful for the both of you having this discussion publicly, @Seb31300 and @yabaVR.

@Seb31300, any chance you'd be willing to share the 3D file for me to print this at home?

Is there any sense in upgrade that internal wire?

I have a D1000 Pro CI with which I'd like to try this. I wish I had seen this discussion before I sold my Magico S3 Mk2.

I've always disliked binding posts with metal bulk. My favorite has been Furutech's OCC wire-wound series (FT-867 when they were in stock, FT-809 these days). Maybe the WBT NextGen are just as good, but I've never tried. I doubt these will fit inside.

With the Elecaudio part, do I just open it up a little inside the barrel so the speaker cable banana can fit tightly inside?
Devialet 1000Pro CI + Sonus Faber Cremona Auditor M
Hello !
I will try tomorrow to retrieve the files of the bindings.
The update of the infernal wire is not so difficult .
I will never go back : the gains are so important in terms of dynamics and signal transparency.
Thanks again to Yaba !
@absolutk
If you use the shown banana sleeves you don't have to open them up in the barrel. The plug (sleeve) itself is kind of spring loaded to some degree.
But... the heavier the LS-cable you use the more you have to support the cable not to bend the thin banana sleeves or to even crack them.

For all.
Don't use standard PLA for the print of the new binding posts. Use PLA-CF to print them. Again...the difference in sound of just changing the printing material will amaze you and make you wonder what other things have such an influence on the sound of your stereo (& Devialet)...and I can tell you, there are a lot  Idea  you never have thought of  Big Grin

More to come - stay tuned,

gui

p.s. @Seb31300 How far did you get with your speakers and what are your conclusions? Any pictures of the further mods? Might be interesting for all to hear/see about the other mods.
berlin