Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Firmware 8.0
Updated to v.8.0, no issues. Using the same config file I was using prior to the update but edited the file and enabled the DPM Dynamic Power Management feature.
Looking forward to trying a few DSD files as well.
Naim NAC-N 272 ➣ Naim XPSDR ➣ Naim NAP 200DR  ➣ Kudos Super 10 ➣ Siltech Explorer 90L  (Montreal, CA)
(14-May-2015, 16:51)scb Wrote: what's the deal with the ICM Intelligent Cinema Mode? Do you have to enable it somewhere? What exactly is it?

Was going to ask the same question. 
Naim NAC-N 272 ➣ Naim XPSDR ➣ Naim NAP 200DR  ➣ Kudos Super 10 ➣ Siltech Explorer 90L  (Montreal, CA)
I tried SAM on/off. At first I found the difference marginal but definitely a clearer bass with SAM on so I'm pretty sure it's working. I'm wondering if the differences are slightly less noticeable. I found SAM 1 originally seemed to over-emphasise the bass a bit but it seems more linear across the frequency range now.
(14-May-2015, 16:57)Ants Wrote:
(14-May-2015, 16:51)scb Wrote: what's the deal with the ICM Intelligent Cinema Mode? Do you have to enable it somewhere? What exactly is it?

I downloaded the files again, partially solved my problem but sources in the companion don't play?
Anyone else having this problem with the mono setup? I have informed Devialet.

Theaudioguru
Devialet 400 ,Magico S3, Aurender N100, Mac Mini + Amarra + Geekperfect, Vpi Avenger with 3D Arm, ortofon cadenza bronze, Ortofon Royal Spu Nude,
Sonos.

You can program a button of the remote to use it. I don't know what it does exaxctly!
Devialet 800, Focal Utopia Diva (SAM), Roon 1.3 (build 242, Devialet Air in Roon) + Audio PC (customized Windows 10) + Android app
France
(14-May-2015, 17:09)Sylvain27 Wrote:

You can program a button of the remote to use it. I don't know what it does exaxctly!

When you don't program a button for ICM or RAM, is it on or of?
(14-May-2015, 16:47)GuillaumeB Wrote: I've just installed 8.0 and a new config file on both my devices. I have to say that was the most trouble-free experience I've ever had with these updates. 

Guillaume

And what about sound? 

For me the sound is not so dynamic as with 7.1.3. beta. 

Now with 8.0 I need to listen with -20dB jazz music with 7.1.3 it was ok with -25 or even -30dB.

Sound with 8.0 seems smoother. No any edgy high tones.

As someone said now sound seems more linear. 

I have SAM on but only 20%. 
RAM is only all the settings of the phono input. Nothing is on or off, if you have a button assigned on the remote you can access all the settings of the phono input directly without changing the configuration on the SD card.
Speakers:TAD CE-1. Amplifier: TAD M2500mk2. Digital: TAD DA1000-TX, Innuos Statement Next-gen, Innuos PhoenixNET.

Miscellaneous: Qobuz Studio, Ansuz Mainz 8 D2, Ansuz Darkz DTC, Tubulus Argentus ethernet cable, Tubulus Concentus USB cable, Tubulus Argentus V2 XLR cable, Tubulus Argentus V3 + V3 bass, iFi Nova powercables. 

Second system
Qobuz Studio -> Devialet Silver Phantom, Devialet Tree

I'm finding the high frequency detail amazing. Really enjoying it. I can imagine some people might find it a bit bright. If it's full-range SAM giving the extra detail then I guess it'll be speaker dependent.
Sorry if this is a dumb question.....

I've downloaded v8.0, how do I get it onto my D250?

Do I just copy all the files onto my SD Card?