Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What album are you listening tonight?
RY X - Dawn

Great music, great sound !
Formerly Devialet 220PRO CI, Magico A3, 2 Gold Phantoms, Dialog/Raspberry PI2 Digi+, ROON Rock NUC8i3, Bluesound Powernode 2i, B&W 607, Audirvana
Nik Bärtsch's Ronin "Live"

[Image: nb_ronin_ecm_live.jpg]

Minimalist, funky jazz.  As usual with ECM, a superb recording.
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK
Speaking of fabulous recordings... listening to this right now in 24/88.2 downloaded from Qobuz

Blues and ballads as per the album title, including works by Cole Porter, Charlie Parker, Lennon & McCartney and Jon Brion.

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
Hope by the Manchester Orchestra

MO are an unremarkable US indie rock outfit- this album, Hope is an acoustic reworking of songs on their Cope album and is excellent, and easily their best release
LP12se, CD3t, Le 400, MF7
Bucks/Herts Border
Trance Nation Episode 19 with John de la Mora.
What the hell, I'm on holiday. :-)
Synology DS215 NAS (2x WD RED 1Tb) > Virgin Superhub 3 > HP Pavilion X360 laptop > Phantom Reactor 600 > JRiver MC25 > JRemote > A&K AK70mkii DAP > Supra Cat8 Ethernet cable > Sony WH-1000XM4 > jar of cream v2
Photo 
I have recently discovered 'Roger Walters' and his 1992 album 'Amused to Death' on HD Tracks site, so took a punt and downloaded the high res version on a whim.

...I am hooked!

It took several listening sessions (did think I had made a mistake to start with), but each song gently draws you in.

Being old (like some others here) his songs initially reminded me of the 80's 'protest' songs, which at the time left me cold... but this album is so full of story (albeit a little dated now), ambience, and messages, being delivered by his raspy but very tuneful voice, mixed in the background sounds and brilliantly composed musical accompaniment, adding up to a separate and very enjoyable 'journey' for each song with so much detial!

Yes, highly recommended!

[Image: Roger_Waters_Amused_to_Death.jpg]
Fairford UK area - Devialet 440, Aurender Streamer- Linked to QNAP NAS 453mini - Triangle Signature Deltas, Van Damme Professional Blue Series Studio Grade 2 x 4.0 mm cables, Moon Neo 260D DC Transport, Dell notebook Client linked both ethernet & wifi.
Carbon Based Lifeforms: Hydroponic Garden

Tidal, classic ambient
LP12se, CD3t, Le 400, MF7
Bucks/Herts Border
This has absolutely wonderful sound quality and is fantastic! Superb recording and voice...

Melanie de Biasio - No Deal, 24/44.1 download from Qobuz

Guillaume

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
(11-Jun-2016, 15:02)GuillaumeB Wrote: This has absolutely wonderful sound quality and is fantastic! Superb recording and voice...

Agreed - one of my favourites!
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK
(11-Jun-2016, 15:37)thumb5 Wrote:
(11-Jun-2016, 15:02)GuillaumeB Wrote: This has absolutely wonderful sound quality and is fantastic! Superb recording and voice...

Agreed - one of my favourites!

Excellent!  Smile

Just moving on to her "Blackened Cities" now...

Guillaume

UK