Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why do you use an external streamer with an Expert Pro with CI?
(11-Sep-2021, 15:06)Delija Wrote: @hardcore
Very useful info. Thanks.

I'm also interested about your HT setup.

If I understood well, you use digital input on Devialet for this purpose.
What Pre-Pro / AVR you use which has digtal outputs for decoded surround signal?

With my Anthem MRX 720 I can only use analog connection, since digital output works only when S/PDIF input is used and only when it's PCM - so basically it works only as PCM pass-through without decoding the bitstream.
Hi @Delija. My source for my HT setup is also the computer (PC). The decoding and down-mixing of any DTS/Dolby/Other codecs is done on the PC. For movies my PC outputs PCM only, via USB-AES/SPDIF converter to the Devialet. For music, it outputs either PCM or DSD (the Devialet accepts up to DSD64 on the digital inputs).

My secondary source of video is directly from the TV's optical output. The TV can usually be set to convert to PCM on the SPDIF output. Also optical sounds very good actually, and is galvanically isolated.

In your case depending on the Anthem, it looks like you may be limited to using the analog input (I assume for the L&R channels) if you're unable to do the decoding to PCM on the SPDIF outputs.
Devialet 1000 Pro CI - AQ Diamond AES RCA-XLR Link
PC - ifi iDefender+ - FIBBR Alpha Optical USB + "Studer 900" LPS - Singxer SU-6 - AQ Diamond AES
PSB Imagine T3  AQ William Tell Zero / Tornado / DBS Level-X  -  PliXir Balanced AC

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why do you use an external streamer with an Expert Pro with CI? - by hardcore - 13-Sep-2021, 10:51