Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Phantom I White Classic Glossy 103dB
(23-Mar-2022, 17:16)supaDean Wrote: I'm in my 50s and still get super-excited when I've new gear enroute. 

I've a pair of refurbished Phantom I White Classic Glossy 103dB and Tree stands coming my way from Devialet. I don't know if they offer refurb Phantoms across the globe but in Canada they do. I'm curious if anyone has experience with this model and knows their history in the Phantom lineup. With the various models and name changes I don't know where they fit in in terms of their date of manufacture etc.

Also, if anyone has experience with a stereo pair of this model that would be great to know. I've a pair of Phantom Reactors 900 (Phantom II 98dB) which I've enjoyed for a couple of years now.

Going from a 2-way Phantom to a 3-way Phantom... I'm hoping it'll be an upgrade in terms of the mid-range.... I see the specs also note slightly better performance with the highs and lows, so we'lll see if my ears hear a difference. 

Cheers.

https://www.devialet.com/en-ca/phantom-s...t-airplay/

I had the original Phantom (then called White I think - EDIT: Classic, doh!) at home for a weekend in 2015 or -16. Connected via Dialog optical.
I made measurements with Audiolense from my listening position. It's a bit uneven from 40Hz to 500Hz due to the room (strong room mode at 47Hz), but look at the response from 10Hz (!) to 40Hz! And the general response from deep bass to treble! Nice sloping down - 20kHz is approx. 10dB down compared to 20Hz.

The lower curve is how Audiolense predicted the response after correction (including my "target" or room curve). It sounded very very nice! I did not buy them as I didn't like Dialog and "optical direct" wasn't yet available. Today's version and firmware is much more stable and better.

With Dirac and all I'm sure you'll get a good result!

Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB

Messages In This Thread
RE: Phantom I White Classic Glossy 103dB - by ogs - 24-Mar-2022, 19:40