Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Surround Sound vs Dolby Atmos vs Spatial Audio
(01-Apr-2022, 09:36)Drifter Wrote: It would be brilliant to get some sound impressions for the following 3 scenarios:
- Atmos signal decoded by the Dione using Atmos
- 5.1 signal decoded by the Dione using SPACE
- stereo signal decoded by the Dione using SPACE

It would be be even better if the source material (i.e. movie) is the same just with 3 different audio tracks. You can then use the same scene in the movie and explain how the sound changes between the 3 scenarios.

That would be awesome ....

+1!!!   That is exactly what I would like to do as soon as I can get the opportunity to audition one.  Maybe I'll just order one although right now they seem to be on pre-order with delivery first at the end of the month.

Btw, "patented" is back!  Maybe it never went away but I was just looking at a different page?  I took a screenshot just to convince myself I am not losing it..

Still can't find any trace of the patent online, although it occurs to me that they just say it is patented, not that they own the patent.  So it could be that they are licensing someone else's IP here.  Maybe Dolby Surround?  Big Grin

Messages In This Thread
RE: Surround Sound vs Dolby Atmos vs Spatial Audio - by struts - 01-Apr-2022, 09:57