Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
250 Expert to 250 Expert Pro – Is It Worth It?
When I did the upgrade to the Pro CI, I not only loved the sound of my Expert but also had high hopes for what Devialet still had in store for the Pro CI series.  And that's how I rationalized the cost.  At this point, the Expert Pro CI series is likely a legacy product and therefore not likely to receive additional updates other than perhaps the occasional bug resolution.  So the justification to upgrade to it must be solely based on the improvement in sound quality (and the support of Roon RAAT if you're a Roon user).  As @Damon indicated, I also experienced what I considered a very nice improvement. 

But hey, that was quite a few years ago and technology marches on.  If it were me, I'd likely be looking hard at the competition these days to see what else might be available at the price point.  Still, if you love the Devialet sound, I think you'd be quite pleased with the upgrade.
Devialet 440 Pro (two 220s)- Oracle CD transport - Kuzma Stabi S/Stogi S turntable - Von Schweikert VR-35 speakers - JPS SC3 SCs - PI Audio power conditioning -
Triode Wire Labs ICs and PCs - Roon on NUC 8i7beh running ROCK
Durham, NC USA

Messages In This Thread
RE: 250 Expert to 250 Expert Pro – Is It Worth It? - by mdconnelly - 21-Jul-2022, 21:13