Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What made you switch from Devialet Expert?
As there are only few examples of leaving Devialet, i'd like to name amps that did NOT make me switch (i.e. still loving it).

When i switched speakers the dealer recommended a set of amps with quite different character in sound (could check them at home for about two weeks).
All amps had been in price range 6..10k€ (a valid limit according to the quality of the speakers)
Finally i have to say, they all sounded different to me but none of them made it against the single D200 then!

BTW. I'm not using analogue sources any more, just rips of all kind of digital media and i prefer listening REALLY loud

1. Did start with D200 in 2016 and added a 200 slave (used) this year
2. NOT: Aesthetix Mimas (integrated, hybrid, great headphone amp: could even drive magnetostats adequately, built-in DAC)
2. NOT: Copland CTA408+DAC215 (integrated tube amp with external tube DAC; great when listening at lower volume, great stage etc, but in the end...)
2. NOT: Exposure 5010 series (preamp+integrated DAC, dual mono power amps; relatively low priced, lots of power, unfortunately the DAC did not fit my streamer; had to use D200 pre-out or DAC215)
2. NOT: T+A 2000 R (integrated amp, no DAC) - i guess, i simply do not like the T+A sound, that is radically "neutral"/lifeless to me
2. NOT: T+A 1000/1100
5. The Expert remote with the wheel is unbeatable
6. Dali Epicon 6

Messages In This Thread
RE: What made you switch from Devialet Expert? - by Ecki - 31-Oct-2022, 10:23