Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Expert 250 - whither next?
Thanks David,
Very helpful suggestions.
I'm using the Mac mini on ethernet onto my network and connected via USB to the D250. Audirvana plays on the mini via the Devialet as the USB output. Otherwise the mini is optimised for music playback and the only connection is via the audirvana app on the iPad (which simply controls the music choice on the Mac application) Qobuz is integrated into audirvana. I think when the Devialet is in standby the USB connection with the Mac gets lots (even though it's selected on the Mac) until I restart the Devialet. Not sure if it's a Mac OS-Devialet thing as it used not to happen.
As for the room. Yes, I've compensated by adjusting the speakers and placing the sofa much closer to them. It makes sitting and listening OK, but of course it's very sub optimal if you are elsewhere in the room.... a speaker change will be a long term project.
Wondered if going with a 250Pro or 250 ProCI upgrade next year would make any difference?
Devialet 250 FW 9.0.1 SOLD
Replaced with Naim NSC222 NPX300 and NAP250 NC

Atohm GT SE1, REL stereo Subwoofers. Atacama stands filled with atabites. Granite speaker stand plinths. Mogami speaker cables, Music Works heavy duty power cable.
Quadraspire Acrylic Reference rack
Sources:
1. Mac Mini 2021 M1
- Qobuz/Audirvana Studio/ Audirvana app on iPad (Via Mac mini)
2. Vertere DG-1 with Magneto upgraded to AT VML540ML fine line stylus and Vertere Phono-1

Messages In This Thread
Expert 250 - whither next? - by DelaneyB - 30-Sep-2023, 17:04
RE: Expert 250 - whither next? - by David A - 30-Sep-2023, 21:09
RE: Expert 250 - whither next? - by DelaneyB - 01-Oct-2023, 11:09
RE: Expert 250 - whither next? - by DelaneyB - 02-Oct-2023, 17:37