Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
D250 to D800 or upgrade to D250 pro CI?
Good Evening WillyW,

I'm not on this forum much anymore, as I don't have a Devialet amp now. Though it is absolutely true that I miss it. For the record, I went D120 to D220 pro > Po CI. It is also relevant that I have no experience with the 250 or the 800.

So it is a fair question; why am I here? Or, what can I contribute to your question? I just wanted to offer that in my experience, (and shared with another owner here) the Pro CI amps have a different sound character to the Expert series. Different than just power or 'separation'. In very brief summary, the Pro CI upgrades are 'bigger, more separated, more distinct, extended and detailed'. Ahem.

However, I think that because of the extra reach at both ends of the sonic scale, the mids, and vocals, do not 'come forward' in the same way as with the non Pro CI amps. In that, I'm saying it is different; I'm not judging 'better'. I was thrilled with the Pro CI upgrade. A few were not.

If you have not done so already, do a search for threads on the Pro CI upgrades, dating back to 2016. There are a number of threads that might help with this decision.

It absolutely does depend on your speakers and all the other gear that you use. Your ears, too. I suppose. Smile

I hope others will contribute to your question.
Damon
Powernode, NAD M32, Cambridge CD transport, Analysis Plus, Nordost, iFi Nova, CSS Criton 1TDX, KEF C62
Vancouver, Canada

Messages In This Thread
RE: D250 to D800 or upgrade to D250 pro CI? - by Damon - 08-Dec-2023, 04:37