Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sub options?
My words were - "Why not give it a try?"

It (SAM) is a free option, not a lifetime commitment. If it doesn't work acceptably, then it has created no additional cost, and other alternatives (physical subwoofers) can be explored.

One shouldn't extrapolate from a SAM trial sample size of 1 that it will be the same disappointment for everybody else, especially when there are so many variables affecting bass in different listening rooms, not least the speakers themselves.

I have already presented a counterexample - my SAM'd A5s are good enough and effective enough that they displace a 90kg subwoofer which, when properly positioned and adjusted, can achieve -6db at 9Hz. They are not a poor alternative to the subwoofer - they are better than it in every way, and they even do that "general space and ambience + greater mid+treble clarity" thing which is generally supposed to be a subwoofer effect but actually is more of a properly-extended-bass thing. This can be heard by toggling SAM on and off via the remote - it is "night and day".

So there is a least a chance that SAM may be very helpful to the OP. And it costs them nothing to try it. So why would they not?
1000 Pro / Magico A5 
440 Pro / Magico S1mk1 / REL Studio III

Messages In This Thread
Sub options? - by teddlesdee - 13-Dec-2023, 12:49
RE: Sub options? - by Redwingnine - 13-Dec-2023, 22:48
RE: Sub options? - by Pim - 14-Dec-2023, 07:23
RE: Sub options? - by devianet - 14-Dec-2023, 10:13
RE: Sub options? - by ray1234 - 21-Dec-2023, 07:36
RE: Sub options? - by devianet - 25-Dec-2023, 17:55
RE: Sub options? - by Jean-Marie - 26-Dec-2023, 15:22