Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Dione owner - Not impressed so far
I got a Dione pretty well as soon as it came out and had quite a few teething problems similar to your own post. There was the issue between HDMI and optical as mentioned above, but it should work satisfactorily and only with HDMI; updates have arrived and been implemented, usually automatically but sometimes requiring a manual restart which annoys my wife more than myself. My remaining interesting feature is using my Virgin TV remote controller which for some bizarre reason has me pointing it almost anywhere but the Dione itself to turn the volume up and down.

As usual with all HIFI, the input production quality of the sound is reproduced with all its faults so there is plenty of muffled dialogue out there being delivered to us in order to create an alleged atmosphere. Obviously a Dione is not as good as a full scale AV system for which I use my Expert as front speakers in my AV room. Nevertheless, for all day to day purposes for television and music I find it very good. Plenty of bass, detail and balance.
Devialet 1000 Pro CI, Chord Signature Reference speaker cables, B&W 803 D3 speakers

Roon lifetime licence, Tidal.

Messages In This Thread
RE: New Dione owner - Not impressed so far - by Gerronwithit - 06-Jan-2024, 11:45