Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Dione owner - Not impressed so far
(06-Jan-2024, 17:00)Amica77 Wrote: Thank you for your replies I can be a bit absent minded but not enough to leave the optical cable plugged in as well as the HDMI cable lol. The sound bar is up to date so that’s not an issue. Also the room calibration option makes no difference at all. This has been mentioned in a few reviews I’ve read.

I’ll chase Devialet again next week to see if they have an update for me. If they can’t sort it it’s going back as a £2k product should work better than this. The £600 sound bar it replaced worked a lot better.

Almost forgot to say while typing this my Dione has muted itself again 🙄

Often the issue is the communication to the TV and the devices behind passing through. For the Dione is just not stable for that, so agreeing/detecting sound format.
I do not know who the issue is. But at least TV vendor usually have all there own soundbar and not keen to connect anything else.
I have a lot of issues connecting with my Samsung.
I ended up with buying a HDMI matrix switch with sound extractor. It makes it better but finally does not solve everything as I need still to connect 1 source to the TV as there are not enough on the switch.
 One little thing does help often. If you connect to the Dione via a browser the last tab does offer a reboot button.
No idea why they do not allow this in the app.
But there is still a lot to complain and a missing upgrade both for app and Dione itself for more then a year. Especially EQ and soundformat detection.
Real hibernate mode with no signal, etc.
Still I love my Dione for the sound, but do not recommend it to anybody as it could be a pain in the ass.

Messages In This Thread
RE: New Dione owner - Not impressed so far - by hulster - 10-Jan-2024, 15:23