Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Ethernet and WiFi
(05-Feb-2024, 08:31)David A Wrote: I agree with @mmorrison55 that you should go with your ears and what sounds best to you. As he said, "everyone will have their own opinion" or, as I would put it, we all have our own tastes.

Like @mmorrison55 I also use ethernet from my Nucleus+ and I also have every input I am not using turned off. There are times when I have thought that there's a small improvement to be gained by having unused inputs turned off in the configuration but I won't swear to it. In order to use WiFi you have to have ethernet disconnected, if an ethernet cable is connected then the amp will default to ethernet even though the WiFi input is disabled.

It's a bit of a pain but I would recommend creating 2 separate configuration files, one with only WiFi enabled and one with only ethernet enabled, and to put those files on separate SD cards. That way you can swap from one input to the other by swapping the SD cards and either connecting or disconnecting the ethernet cable from your amp. Try it both ways and see which you prefer.

Don't forget that you're going to have to enable your options in Roon's Audio settings and you're going to have both RAAT and AIR options available for both. You can have all of the options available in the Roon Audio settings and just swap between them in Roon but once you've decided which input and streaming protocol you prefer I'd also switch the unused Roon options off in the Audio settings.

Hi David,

Hope you're doing well. Do you remember years back when we were listening to WiFi instead of wired Ethernet ?   Big Grin  And thoroughly enjoying everything till you discovered what was going on.

- Arup
Roon Nucleus w/ Hypsos PSU & AQ Tornado + Roon RAAT  >  AQ Diamond ETH > etherREGEN using SFP + Hypsos PSU | CEC TL-5 CD Transport + AQ Z3 + 3 x Orea Indigo > AQ Diamond AES/EBU 
Devialet 440-Pro CI >  AQ Wel Sig  RCA-XLR | 6 x Orea Bronze, 2 x Synergistic Research Atmosphere PC | B&W 802 D3 {Bi-wired}  >  AQ WEL Signature (Biwire)
REL G1-Mk2 pair | PS Audio PP 12 + AQ NRG-1000 | Puritan GroundMaster + RouteMaster | SAM DISABLED - DPM OFF - Northern Virginia - US

Messages In This Thread
Ethernet and WiFi - by sjors.ehv - 04-Feb-2024, 12:34
RE: Ethernet and WiFi - by Stian_Gel - 04-Feb-2024, 13:09
RE: Ethernet and WiFi - by chrisc - 04-Feb-2024, 15:35
RE: Ethernet and WiFi - by mmorrison55 - 04-Feb-2024, 21:35
RE: Ethernet and WiFi - by David A - 05-Feb-2024, 08:31
RE: Ethernet and WiFi - by audio_engr - 06-Feb-2024, 01:44
RE: Ethernet and WiFi - by David A - 06-Feb-2024, 13:16
RE: Ethernet and WiFi - by Hugh - 04-Apr-2024, 23:45