Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is the Devialet Expert now valueless?
This thread reminds me of a childhood memory. I think I would have been in my early teens and I had a record player in my bedroom that sounded so bad I never used it and I just wanted to sell it. (It was a plastic Alba deck from Woolworths, for those here that can remember such things)

I asked my father about how to correctly value second hand items, expecting that there was some kind of mathematical formula for such things. His rather blunt response was "it is worth what you can get for it". A rather strange and unhelpful response I thought, at the time at least. Later in life I realised that these were actually wise words.

As for Devialet Expert Amplifiers, the second hand value does seem relatively low. I have a TV that runs to a Cambridge Audio amp and KEF R5 speakers, a kind of audiophile version of a TV soundbar. With Devialet Expert amps at their current price levels, I am almost tempted to buy an Expert as a telly amp. Which is remarkable if you are a buyer, not so good if you want to sell.
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12

Messages In This Thread
RE: Is the Devialet Expert now valueless? - by Confused - 17-Mar-2024, 10:38