Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is the Devialet Expert now valueless?
I agree used Devialets are probably the absolute best 'bang for the buck' in decent hifi around.
Wouldn't hesitate to recommend one.
I'm now in the New Classic Naim system (Streamer Pre amp 222, Power Supply 300 and 250 Power amp). Ex Dem. 3 boxes costing less than a retail price of the D250 PRO - when available, but about the cost of a used pair of 250 PROs.
Differences - relatively minor as always at this end.
- Wider deeper soundstage than the Devialet which felt a bit two dimensional going back to it.
- More precise timing of complex rhythmic pieces - the Devialet felt a bit lost sometimes when pushed to the limits here (eg complex symphonic metal).
- Audirvana via UPNP to the streamer is a bit more stable over time than AIR (fewer restarts)
Still using my atom GT1 SEs and REL subs. The Atohm's are very very under appreciated speakers in the UK and incredible value.
Devialet 250 FW 9.0.1 SOLD
Replaced with Naim NSC222 NPX300 and NAP250 NC

Atohm GT SE1, REL stereo Subwoofers. Atacama stands filled with atabites. Granite speaker stand plinths. Mogami speaker cables, Music Works heavy duty power cable.
Quadraspire Acrylic Reference rack
Sources:
1. Mac Mini 2021 M1
- Qobuz/Audirvana Studio/ Audirvana app on iPad (Via Mac mini)
2. Vertere DG-1 with Magneto upgraded to AT VML540ML fine line stylus and Vertere Phono-1

Messages In This Thread
RE: Is the Devialet Expert now valueless? - by DelaneyB - 09-Apr-2024, 11:17